2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Say hello to my little friend.
View attachment 9262540
This guy has been awesome and besides stating the obvious - He know how to pitch.
He moves all of his pitches left right up and down.
Hitters never know what they are getting.

Be interesting to see how he does the 2nd time around the league and what adjustments he makes to batter adjustments.

He should be cut just on quality of punch thrown. Was more like a poorly executed slap.

If he is in AAA won't he still have to serve suspension if he comes back up? If not... weak AF.
Yea he'll have to serve it when he returns, but they conveniently don't have to take the hit this weekend when they battle CHI for first place in the NLC.

This guy has been awesome and besides stating the obvious - He know how to pitch.
He moves all of his pitches left right up and down.
Hitters never know what they are getting.

Be interesting to see how he does the 2nd time around the league and what adjustments he makes to batter adjustments.
I definitely don't see this level of domination continuing indefinitely. Some nerd out there is writing up a Shota plan right now I'm sure. Fun while it lasts though!

Yea he'll have to serve it when he returns, but they conveniently don't have to take the hit this weekend when they battle CHI for first place in the NLC.
He's been struggling horribly for awhile now and decided to add some stupid to the mix. He was going to be sent down suspension or not. He deserves both. And yes, he will still have to serve whatever he gets after his appeal is decided when he is back up. In the meantime, no MLB front office with half a brain would play a big series down probably two pitchers when they don't have to. So I guess maybe the Cubs would... 😜

He's been struggling horribly for awhile now and decided to add some stupid to the mix. He was going to be sent down suspension or not. He deserves both. And yes, he will still have to serve whatever he gets after his appeal is decided when he is back up. In the meantime, no MLB front office with half a brain would play a big series down probably two pitchers when they don't have to. So I guess maybe the Cubs would... 😜

Yea, I get it and I know it's within the rules. Bad optics, which is unusual for MIL. I'm not used to them being the MLB's heel!

Hoping it's an exciting weekend!

If you take the weird Korea game out of the mix Yamamoto's era is 1.8, which is phenomenal. That is still 2x higher than Imanaga's era. They've both been really good; Imanaga is pitching out of this world.

He should be cut just on quality of punch thrown. Was more like a poorly executed slap.

If he is in AAA won't he still have to serve suspension if he comes back up? If not... weak AF.
Baseball "fights" are th worst! Dumb loophole

Yea, I get it and I know it's within the rules. Bad optics, which is unusual for MIL. I'm not used to them being the MLB's heel!

Hoping it's an exciting weekend!
I think MLB's heel might be strong, but if there has to be one this early on I guess it could be them. The thing in NY was all Jeff McNeil, carried over from when Hoskins was a Phillie. That slide he was salty about has probably happened a couple dozen times in MLB since then and we've heard nothing about it. Lately though, things with the umps have been unfortunate for sure. They did get screwed on the Judge interference thing, they also felt screwed over on the batter interference call against the Rays when they would have tied it in the 9th but it sounds like that was the correct call. I don't think the thing with the Rays would have turned into anything at all if the crew chief Guccione wouldn't have still been salty about the day before and tossed Peralta with no warning. That fired everyone up when everything was pretty calm, even by the ump's own admission. Still no excuse for Uribe's actions, he needs to check himself.

All that said, I like Murphy's fire but I think he is finding his way and needs to dial it back a bit. I think he feels like he's being taken advantage of a bit because he's a new manager. TB's Cash was chirping the whole series, getting his way on stuff and irking Murph. He used up his challenge and still got Guccione to do a "crew chief review" on a play late in the game before. Then, after Peralta hit Siri and everyone was moving on Cash insisted that the crew "get together and talk about it." I think he was just taking a flyer hoping that he could get Peralta out, as he was only at 60 pitches and was dealing. Guccione obliged him. I believe that's when Murph asked him if he works for MLB or Cash, which got him tossed. Murph is definitely taking his lumps but the players love him and play hard.

I think this weekend will be fun and I would say the Cubs will get 2 of 3. Sorry so long, I just like talking baseball even if I have to type it. :)

Just a daily reminder that the Brewers are bad apples. Sent their sucker puncher down to AAA instead of making him serve his suspension like a man.
Siri got 3 games suspension, on a team that has lost 9 starters already. Thats a tough thing to swallow.
They should just sell off all of the parts.

I think MLB's heel might be strong, but if there has to be one this early on I guess it could be them. The thing in NY was all Jeff McNeil, carried over from when Hoskins was a Phillie. That slide he was salty about has probably happened a couple dozen times in MLB since then and we've heard nothing about it. Lately though, things with the umps have been unfortunate for sure. They did get screwed on the Judge interference thing, they also felt screwed over on the batter interference call against the Rays when they would have tied it in the 9th but it sounds like that was the correct call. I don't think the thing with the Rays would have turned into anything at all if the crew chief Guccione wouldn't have still been salty about the day before and tossed Peralta with no warning. That fired everyone up when everything was pretty calm, even by the ump's own admission. Still no excuse for Uribe's actions, he needs to check himself.

All that said, I like Murphy's fire but I think he is finding his way and needs to dial it back a bit. I think he feels like he's being taken advantage of a bit because he's a new manager. TB's Cash was chirping the whole series, getting his way on stuff and irking Murph. He used up his challenge and still got Guccione to do a "crew chief review" on a play late in the game before. Then, after Peralta hit Siri and everyone was moving on Cash insisted that the crew "get together and talk about it." I think he was just taking a flyer hoping that he could get Peralta out, as he was only at 60 pitches and was dealing. Guccione obliged him. I believe that's when Murph asked him if he works for MLB or Cash, which got him tossed. Murph is definitely taking his lumps but the players love him and play hard.

I think this weekend will be fun and I would say the Cubs will get 2 of 3. Sorry so long, I just like talking baseball even if I have to type it. :)
Tough to replace the Dodgers as the heel at this point.

Sometimes a fiery manager can make things happen and they always seem to be loved at home (where it matters). I hated Hurdle

This weekend could go either way. Makings of an exciting year in the NLC. At least we can be happy the Cards are wallowing.

Don't ruin this for me.
I mean yeah, screw the Brewers!

look joke GIF

Sometimes a fiery manager can make things happen and they always seem to be loved at home (where it matters). I hated Hurdle

This weekend could go either way. Makings of an exciting year in the NLC. At least we can be happy the Cards are wallowing.
Cash isn’t fiery and is one of the most respected in the league. It was a cheap shot. Did Tim Anderson make that post?

Cash isn’t fiery and is one of the most respected in the league. It was a cheap shot. Did Tim Anderson make that post?
Hey now lol. Let's not get TA involved. I was talking about Murphy.

Hey now lol. Let's not get TA involved. I was talking about Murphy.
Pretty much the same if he was involved, with that sham from the Brewers.
Any blame said on Cash is laughable. I think Tim Anderson might have a burner account here haha

They really are. I can't blame them for playing the hand they were dealt. I'm actually hopeful that maybe this could be the straw that forces the MLB to realize how ****** of a system that have.
The hand they were dealt? Only if the dealer is Worm from Rounders is that the hand they were dealt.

They really are. I can't blame them for playing the hand they were dealt. I'm actually hopeful that maybe this could be the straw that forces the MLB to realize how ****** of a system that have.
I'm all for a salary cap so teams have same spending rules. Just make sure to include a salary floor.
The hand they were dealt? Only if the dealer is Worm from Rounders is that the hand they were dealt.
Very funny to me since I used run poker tournaments.

Pretty much the same if he was involved, with that sham from the Brewers.
Any blame said on Cash is laughable. I think Tim Anderson might have a burner account here haha
If you're talking about me I wasn't blaming Cash for the brawl. He was doing what managers are supposed to do, try to find an edge for their team. Murphy, and this is my opinion, just felt he was getting extra consideration and told the ump so. He got tossed for protecting his pitcher, who should not have been tossed. Uribe was a tool, he is going to be suspended. Siri was a tool, he probably shouldn't bump a guy after a groundout and talk crap as the other dude is walking away if he wants to be considered pure in the situation. He also could have chosen not to slap back after Uribe threw his wuss slap but he did, so he gets a couple games.

I still think if Guccione doesn't take over and escalate something that was pretty calm (he even says so) nothing would have happened. That doesn't absolve Uribe.

Gotta love Shota

Little worried about the Giants. Starting 0-2 on road trip and it's 15 games in 15 days. Can't win the World Series in April and May. But you can definitely lose it. Need them to stay around .500. I also want to be able to watch baseball this summer and have some skin in the game.

Back