KBS PGH Hybrid Shaft

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When KBS announced in 2018 that they were jumping into the world of graphite with TGI, there were a great many of us who wondered simply, why? Soon though, that answer was made apparent as the TGI, followed by the PGI in irons, and even the TD driver shaft made it abundantly clear that KBS was holding true to how they made their name and were creating truly high performing graphite options.

Already in 2023 we have seen KBS introduce the GPS, their graphite putter shaft, which you can read more about here (KBS GPS – Graphite Putter Shafts – The Hackers Paradise). Now however, they are bringing another product to golfers, the PGH, Players Graphite Hybrid shaft.

Continue reading...

Very interesting here @Jman. It makes me wonder, does KBS see steel shafts becoming a thing of the past long term? I feel like they are trying to carve themselves out another niche.

I look forward to trying these out. The hybrid shaft is always one that I am constantly changing for some reason.

• Staff
Very interesting here @Jman. It makes me wonder, does KBS see steel shafts becoming a thing of the past long term? I feel like they are trying to carve themselves out another niche.
More like options are good, and there is a segment that is growing they believe that they can get a piece of.

Have heard Kim Braley address this. He points to a couple main reasons why KBS has developed graphite shafts and why the hybrid shaft was their first product.

The first reason is purely business related. As golfers and Manufacturers of golf equipment have been replacing long irons with hybrids that means fewer iron shafts in a set.

For a manufacturer of traditional iron shafts that equates to fewer sales and lower revenue.

The second reason is in regards to performance. As graphite shaft materials technology has improved it has allowed shaft performance to rival or exceed the homogeneous steel shaft material’s performance at the same or lower weight.

He has expounded on the topic further in interviews in regards to performance differences, cost and the different manufacturing processes.

I’ve been a fan of KBS shafts for awhile and am glad to see them continue to round out their offerings.

Have heard Kim Braley address this. He points to a couple main reasons why KBS has developed graphite shafts and why the hybrid shaft was their first product.

The first reason is purely business related. As golfers and Manufacturers of golf equipment have been replacing long irons with hybrids that means fewer iron shafts in a set.

For a manufacturer of traditional iron shafts that equates to fewer sales and lower revenue.

The second reason is in regards to performance. As graphite shaft materials technology has improved it has allowed shaft performance to rival or exceed the homogeneous steel shaft material’s performance at the same or lower weight.

He has expounded on the topic further in interviews in regards to performance differences, cost and the different manufacturing processes.

I’ve been a fan of KBS shafts for awhile and am glad to see them continue to round out their offerings.

This is awesome info thank you!

• Staff
I’m curious of the versatility here, as they’re definitely touting that it’s for all sorts of players.

I wonder how this compares to the proto hybrid?

• Staff
Thinking a lot about the 105 :unsure:

Back