LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2023 Titleist Experience: T-Series Irons and Contest

I have a Vokey wedge fitting tomorrow in Hilton Head. My current wedges are gapped based on my old irons, so I’m looking at 2 or potentially 3 wedges. I prefer a raw finish, so I’ll go with WedgeWorks. I hit my 46* gap wedge 85 yards, so I’d prefer something in the 65-70 yard range on full swings, and something in the 45-50 yard range on full swings. I don’t want to go 60* again because I can’t hit it, I’d prefer to open the face. I never use a wedge around the greens, so that won’t even come into play for me.
Good luck. I always wanted a wedge fitting.

I have a Vokey wedge fitting tomorrow in Hilton Head. My current wedges are gapped based on my old irons, so I’m looking at 2 or potentially 3 wedges. I prefer a raw finish, so I’ll go with WedgeWorks. I hit my 46* gap wedge 85 yards, so I’d prefer something in the 65-70 yard range on full swings, and something in the 45-50 yard range on full swings. I don’t want to go 60* again because I can’t hit it, I’d prefer to open the face. I never use a wedge around the greens, so that won’t even come into play for me.
I love the raw finish, so good choice! Would you go with a 50°, 54° set up or possibly bend a wedge to 51° and add a 56°? I guess it depends on what the highest loft that you like is. Let us know and enjoy the wedge fitting!

I love the raw finish, so good choice! Would you go with a 50°, 54° set up or possibly bend a wedge to 51° and add a 56°? I guess it depends on what the highest loft that you like is. Let us know and enjoy the wedge fitting!
Thanks, I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I’ve been debating the setup all afternoon. My current setup is 54 bent to 55 and 60, so I’m thinking either 51 and 56, or 50.5 and 55, or 50, 54, and 58. If I go with 3 wedges I have to take a club out of the bag and I love my 4 iron too much to remove it. I remember Marni saying to go by the distances, so I’ll go into it with that mindset.

Playing a course called River Club in Myrtle beach.
I remember checking that online when we Vaca'd there. It looked... Wet.

That is gonna be awesome man, enjoy it! I've always wanted to do a real wedge fitting. Maybe I'll have to try and do one early next season.

Just wrapped up my wedge fitting. For reference, my current wedges are Cleveland Zipcore raw 54 bent to 55 and 60 with DG S400 shafts. Wedge fitting with Titleist is a little different. They don’t swap heads so you essentially fit with the Vokey S200 shaft and either go with that, go heavier, or match your irons. I didn’t have to put much thought into it since I’ve not enjoyed my S400’s. They feel a bit too heavy so I chose to match my irons with the AMT White S300.
In the end I went with Vokey SM9’s in a raw finish at 54.10S and 60.10S. I heard Marni say his wedges are gapped by distance, not the number on the club, so that’s the mindset I had going into this. The 54 will cover 35-75 yards and the 60 will be my 10-35 yard club. Usually from 10 yards in, I chip with a 7 iron or putt depending on the lie. I’m now a Titleist guy from driver through putter and couldn’t be happier about it after getting to know Josh, Marni, Jacquelyn, and my fitter Bill Forbes through the Titleist experience.

Last edited:
Just wrapped up my wedge fitting. For reference, my current wedges are Cleveland Zipcore raw 54 bent to 55 and 60 with DG S400 shafts. Wedge fitting with Titleist is a little different. They don’t swap heads so you essentially fit with the Vokey S200 shaft and either go with that, go heavier, or match your irons. I didn’t have to put much thought into it since I’ve not enjoyed my S400’s. They feel a bit too heavy so I chose to match my irons with the AMT White S300.
In the end I went with Vokey SM9’s in a raw finish at 54.10S and 60.10S. I heard Marni say his wedges are gapped by distance, not the number on the club, so that’s the mindset I had going into this. The 54 will cover 35-75 yards and the 60 will be my 10-35 yard club. Usually from 10 yards in, I chip with a 7 iron or putt depending on the lie. I’m not a Titleist guy from driver through putter and couldn’t be happier about it after getting to know Josh, Marni, Jacquelyn, and my fitter Bill Forbes through the Titleist experience.
Love that way of looking at it. Id never really thought of it like that. May have to start using that mindset. Use the yardage over the number.

In the end I went with Vokey SM9’s in a raw finish at 54.10S and 60.10S. I heard Marni say his wedges are gapped by distance, not the number on the club, so that’s the mindset I had going into this. The 54 will cover 35-75 yards and the 60 will be my 10-35 yard club. Usually from 10 yards in, I chip with a 7 iron or putt depending on the lie. I’m not a Titleist guy from driver through putter and couldn’t be happier about it after getting to know Josh, Marni, Jacquelyn, and my fitter Bill Forbes through the Titleist experience.
Man I need to get that done! That sounds extremely educational and instructive to not only your clubs, but how you approach wedge play in general, which Lord knows I need help with :ROFLMAO: Great write up! You'll be slicing up the short game shots now!

Nice. I too loved talking to Marni about wedges.

Thanks, I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I’ve been debating the setup all afternoon. My current setup is 54 bent to 55 and 60, so I’m thinking either 51 and 56, or 50.5 and 55, or 50, 54, and 58. If I go with 3 wedges I have to take a club out of the bag and I love my 4 iron too much to remove it. I remember Marni saying to go by the distances, so I’ll go into it with that mindset.
I don't know if this helps you or not but, I went with an extra wedge and dropped the 5i (I also love my 4i off the tee too much to drop it). I can count on one hand how many times I've missed my 5i. 🤷‍♂️

Just wrapped up my wedge fitting...I heard Marni say his wedges are gapped by distance, not the number on the club...I’m now a Titleist guy from driver through putter and couldn’t be happier about it after getting to know Josh, Marni, Jacquelyn, and my fitter Bill Forbes through the Titleist experience.

Im so happy with my irons. I think next I’ll go get a outdoor wedge fitting.

after playing with Josh i got some great input from him and @JB on the spacing between my new T200 GW (48*) and my 56* and 60* wedges - JT echoed Marni's comments about gapping to distance not loft, and i also got a great mini-class in bounce and choosing a wedge for less-than-full-swing shots based on lie rather than distance. their willingness to share time like that to help align my bag is a huge aspect of this Experience and one for which i'm deeply grateful.

long story short: i'm also heading to a fitting line to take a look at both the top and bottom ends of my bag. i'm a bit neurotic about consistency, and these new Titleist irons are clashing with the TM metal-woods and wedges in my bag. and we can't have that.

after playing with Josh i got some great input from him and @JB on the spacing between my new T200 GW (48*) and my 56* and 60* wedges - JT echoed Marni's comments about gapping to distance not loft, and i also got a great mini-class in bounce and choosing a wedge for less-than-full-swing shots based on lie rather than distance. their willingness to share time like that to help align my bag is a huge aspect of this Experience and one for which i'm deeply grateful.

long story short: i'm also heading to a fitting line to take a look at both the top and bottom ends of my bag. i'm a bit neurotic about consistency, and these new Titleist irons are clashing with the TM metal-woods and wedges in my bag. and we can't have that.
I went from a Rogue ST LS driver to a TSR3 early this year, best thing I’ve ever done. My bag is set for at least a year until the new metal woods come out next year.

When I got back from this experience, my company announced that we are switching cell phone providers from Verizon to T-mobile. New device just arrived, glad they waited till after this trip. Verizon service was pretty solid up there.

When I got back from this experience, my company announced that we are switching cell phone providers from Verizon to T-mobile. New device just arrived, glad they waited till after this trip. Verizon service was pretty solid up there.
Yea that's who I have and it was pretty bad

Yea that's who I have and it was pretty bad
Ditto...
No Service GIF by ALLBLK

Back