The Newton Motion Driver Shaft Preview

Then all you have to do it tilt it in the sun and it’ll be different. That’s the cool aspect of the finish, colorchangeycool
I've seen a few polychromatic finishes in golf and I've never seen a bad looking one. I imagine this will be great looking as well.

Then all you have to do it tilt it in the sun and it’ll be different. That’s the cool aspect of the finish, colorchangeycool
It’s like the golf version of Generra hypercolor. So jealous of those cool kids.
And will be jealous of the cool kids that end up with this new shaft.

45.75” playing length. I wonder what would happen if you shortened it?

IMG_0841.jpeg

CMP value is the butt stiffnes correct?

Ummm...that was FAST! Heading out of state, but looking for a release from the Doctor and get some swings with this bad boy!
20231122_105808.jpg
The color change, even in casual movement is amazing. Just a tilt of the head can change the color.

View attachment 20231122_105715.mp4
Waggle seems very smooth throughout :ROFLMAO:. Was a little concerned with the length adjustment I made with it arriving so quickly. They nailed it.

Also they ship an extra screw in the adapter. So it won't fit with it in there, telling for a friend. Haha.

I laughed at myself after saying how can the adapter be messed up. It was that friend.

With the waggles it sure felt a little more loose than my gamer. Maybe what I need, but kinda excited to see. Hell...excited to possibly swing a club.

Last edited:
Ummm...that was FAST! Heading out of state, but looking for a release from the Doctor and get some swings with this bad boy!
View attachment 9223330
The color change, even in casual movement is amazing. Just a tilt of the head can change the color.

View attachment 9223332
Waggle seems very smooth throughout :ROFLMAO:. Was a little concerned with the length adjustment I made with it arriving so quickly. They nailed it.

Also they ship an extra screw in the adapter. So it won't fit with it in there, telling for a friend. Haha.

I laughed at myself after saying how can the adapter be messed up. It was that friend.

With the waggles it sure felt a little more loose than my gamer. Maybe what I need, but kinda excited to see. Hell...excited to possibly swing a club.
If it performs as well as it looks, it will be incredible.

Reactions: J4U
View attachment 9223330

View attachment 9223332

That turnaround time is crazy. Granted, you're probably one of the first, so they might not be inundated with orders just yet. Interested to hear your thoughts after hitting balls.

I'll be interested to hear your results @J4U after reading this article & seeing that player Ken Duke of the PGA Tour Champions put it in play for the first time & was ranked first in driving accuracy. Since he's had the Newton in his bag, he's finished first, third, tied for 12th & tied for first in driving accuracy on the Champions Tour.

I'm interested to see if the 3 or 4 dot would work for me.

That looks killer! The color really does pop in hand eh?

I'll be interested to hear your results @J4U after reading this article & seeing that player Ken Duke of the PGA Tour Champions put it in play for the first time & was ranked first in driving accuracy. Since he's had the Newton in his bag, he's finished first, third, tied for 12th & tied for first in driving accuracy on the Champions Tour.

I'm interested to see if the 3 or 4 dot would work for me.
Me too, release not given and still waiting. 😔

May go against orders as it's been sooo long. Will have the month of December to not swing with work travel. Walk by it every day. At least it's hidden in the bag so don't see it.
Wake Up Hello GIF by grown-ish

Gamed my 3 dot Newton Motion shaft (Sims Max) yesterday and was pleased with the results. No time for warm up swings, so it took several drives to get the tempo right (seemed to require a little less aggression). Once I had the swing a little better tuned in my early impression is: love the feel, accuracy better (probably due to using a more controlled tempo), distance increase if any was slight (but it was 50 with a breeze). Once I get fully acclimated to the Newton, I am sure the feel and accuracy will remain good and distance will get a little better. I am very happy with this shaft. If you are searching mainly for distance, you probably should go to auto flex (I did not realize and do not expect to gain the significant jump in distance my buddies got with the auto flex). Late news: loading cart for my 2nd round with my Newton shaft—golf bag fell against cart and the longest club caught the cart and the shaft snapped. Bye bye Newton shaft—this is surely covered by a warranty (LOL). By the way, John Daly is gaming a Newton. ———I edit this 1 final time, Newton is adding to my Merry Christmas, a new shaft will be under my Xmas tree.

Last edited:
  • On Fire
Got an email while out of state. Apparently the epoxy process had issues? They are sending replacement shafts and to send the original back for inspection. Guess it was good that I didn't swing it yet as some heads have come off apparently. Haven't received notification of anything delivered yet and will check when I get home.

Proactive customer service!

Replacement shaft will be here tomorrow!

I took the original out without any dedicated range time. Well, because haven't had approval or time. Head stayed on, so that was positive ;)

A few swings on the course range before hand and was off.

Will hold off any details for now as I've only had about 15 total swings with it.

However, will say I missed ZERO fairways. 5/5 and didn't notice anything short about it. Feels great!

Last edited:
Well hello.

Review time anyone?
IMG_6164.jpeg
IMG_6165.jpeg
IMG_6166.jpeg
IMG_6167.jpeg

Testing will begin tomorrow, I’m eager to see just what the experience is like.

Oh man, was on the interwebs for another, Newton popped, remembered the article and then saw these posted. It might be worth a flyer on looks alone…
I’ve got some thoughts and initial data I’m going to get up tomorrow when I can get to a keyboard, too much for this iPhone keyboard hahahaha

I will say now, I expected ACTIVE feeling, but this, isn’t that.

I’ve got some thoughts and initial data I’m going to get up tomorrow when I can get to a keyboard, too much for this iPhone keyboard hahahaha

I will say now, I expected ACTIVE feeling, but this, isn’t that.

Oh boy!

Back