2023 Cleveland CBX Full-Face 2 Wedges

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
“It’s time to silence your inner naysayer and unleash your inner shotmaker.”

It is crystal clear that Cleveland Golf is done sitting back and letting things happen, because a catchline like the one above is anything but introspective. No, it is a look you in the eyes while they take your lunch money kind of statement.

But you know what? It’s about time, because when it comes to the CBX lineups of wedges from Cleveland Golf, that is exactly what people should be doing. Get out of your own way and get after it knowing you have a club which is designed specifically for golfers just like you. So, with today’s unveiling of the new CBX Full-Face 2 wedges, Cleveland Golf believes it’s time to get after it.

Continue reading...

These look great. Love the micro-grooves, the fact they are packed together. Dew / wetness assistance - all of it. Oh, and the striking area is larger than before. Beautifully done Cleveland.

Nice article @Jman

Man, I don’t know about the full face. I’m not 100% opposed and wouldn’t be stubborn about it, but I’ve not tried one out. It’s just such a different look.

I do love the added forgiveness and sole shaping. Definitely worth a look.

I am really liking what is being said here. Thinking this will get some time in the bag in a 50 degree.

Double the Zip sounds good.
UltiZip and HydraZip

I have a couple of older Callaway wedges that have the full face, and I prefer that. On a side note, you don't have to be young or athletic to develop a very good short game.

This seems like perfect wedges to pair with the ZX5 or ZX4 range.

Nice article @Jman

Man, I don’t know about the full face. I’m not 100% opposed and wouldn’t be stubborn about it, but I’ve not tried one out. It’s just such a different look.

I do love the added forgiveness and sole shaping. Definitely worth a look.
Feels counter intuitive doesn't it? We are always told to hit the middle of the club face and now multiple companies have full face wedges.

I think it's great, not that I'll use the outside edge but that I have the ability to if I open the face or have a bad swing or something else like that.

The water resistance technology is amazing and could really help. I can’t say I’m crazy about the look at the back of the wedge but it wouldn’t stop me from trying them.

Feels counter intuitive doesn't it? We are always told to hit the middle of the club face and now multiple companies have full face wedges.

I think it's great, not that I'll use the outside edge but that I have the ability to if I open the face or have a bad swing or something else like that.
Having grooves extend in wedges is because most golfers manipulate the face for different shots such as opening it when hitting it out of rough or a bunker. When doing so, impact will then in many cases be higher and towards the toe.

Grooves are there to channel away sand, grass and moisture to create a clean surface to produce spin.

They look nice. That leading edge looks halfway between the latest Callaway Full Toe and the previous one.

I like what they’re doing. I’m in the market for a new set of wedges this season and Cleveland is definitely high on my list.

Might have to look into these. Currently have the 56 degree cbx 1 full face.

I love my CBX2's and will probably try out this full face version because I loved my PM Grind and have a full face Jaws Raw right now in my highest lofted wedge. I really enjoy the added groves on the face with my highest lofted wedge for sand shots, out of the rough, everything really

Seems like a great wedge. More grooves to improve shots making. Better grooves to improve or keep the spin up. Seems like a solid choice.

I really like the looks of these and the tech sounds interesting. I'm excited to see them in hand.

2 more grooves, hydrazip... It's hard to think of these being able to get any better, but seems like they did. Hope to see more CBX converts this year with these.

If the full face is up there with loft traditionalism, I totally missed that. Huh.

My only concern with some full face wedges are their full swing performance. I don't use that wedge for many full shots, but just in case I did use it, I'd want it to perform as expected

Oh these look gooood. Hydrazip is some pretty cool stuff.
great write up as always 👊👊

I am all in with the full face high toe mafia. These will definitely get a look next time I am in the market for wedges - likely end of this season.

Pretty cool to see Cleveland introducing the new ZipCore technology and full face for this release. The CBX should get more attention now with all that it offers and something that I might take a look at when it's time to replace my wedges.

As a dew sweeper the Hydrazip sounds interesting. Looks a little like the Mack Daddy on the face which I had good results with except tight lies.
I currently have the last CBX Zipcore wedge and still in my 90 day return window so I will have to take a closer look. I do notice they changed the bounce stamp from black to white minor but nevertheless.
Nice write up @Jman

I like the term "variable consistency". Its such a kind way to say it. 👍

Love my CBX2s and I honestly have never considered a full face. But with a lot of my rounds starting before 8am, and my usual course not having the best drainage due to location, the HydraZip sounds like something that would benefit me even more than the extra grooves would.

I was intrigued by the Hydrazip when it was mentioned in the RTX6 write up. So Happy to see it used in the CBX2 full face as I currently used the CBX wedges and will be checking these out for sure when it's time to upgrade.

Back