Royal Albartross Bond Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago we introduced you to a brand called Royal Albartross and detailed their history and what makes them unique in this Brand Story. This all started in some ways as a personal search for incredible footwear outside of the norm you see week in and week out.

This has led to the Royal Albartross Bond Navy golf shoes and after several months of trial, we want to share some information.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good write up @JB

Those are beautiful shoes and the Vibram sole is interesting for a golf shoe. Most manufacturers do not invest in top quality soles like that. Have you walked any rounds in them yet?

• Admin
Good write up @JB

Those are beautiful shoes and the Vibram sole is interesting for a golf shoe. Most manufacturers do not invest in top quality soles like that. Have you walked any rounds in them yet?
Yes, and played multiple others. One thing that stands out is they remind me of my favorite pair of dress shoes I used to have when I had to wear a suit to work. In that the more you wear them, the more they envelope to your foot and become even more comfortable. Especially around the top and heel.

Yes, and played multiple others. One thing that stands out is they remind me of my favorite pair of dress shoes I used to have when I had to wear a suit to work. In that the more you wear them, the more they envelope to your foot and become even more comfortable. Especially around the top and heel.
That's been my experience with hiking shoes with a Vibram sole as well. 🤔 These are on the list for my 2022 shoe purchase. Blue shoes always get me in the feels.

Those shoes look amazing. The heel "tech" if that's what it is called also sounds very well thought out. These will be very nice.

That just looks like a well constructed shoe. You could easily go from course to dinner at the clubhouse too. Love the handmade aspect.

Great review. I’m a shoe dog. Been a footwear rep forever. The quality, fit and materials are awesome. Love the leather and just the overall package. I’d wear them as my everyday shoes if they weren’t $300. I don’t mention the price as a negative. They’re worth it!! It’s just a ton for a golf shoe.

I have way too many golf shoes already, but now I might need to add another pair. Nice article JB.

Those look really good. The price is actually really solid for a handmade premium shoe.

Good looking shoes

classy looking shoes and nice to see grip in spikeless that looks like grip for the course. aggressive and glad they perform.

great brand writeup

Nice to see that this premium shoe really performs.

Been keeping an eye out one and off for a good condition pair of the masters themed version they released of this. :unsure:

Man, I really like the looks of these shoes 🔥

Royal Albatross has some really nice shoes. They have a nice sale going on some older models.

I probably don't need another pair of shoes, but I have been looking at these since the first article. Now this one. I think I need to pull the trigger on these.

I don't own many sneakers but these pull double duty with being spikeless for summer rounds. I love that the quality holds up to the price point.

Thanks, @JB. Appreciate the performance review. I’ll admit I’m enamored with this shoe. I love the style and dig that it performs at a high level. I can’t, however, wrap my head around 3 bills for golf shoes.

Thanks, @JB. Appreciate the performance review. I’ll admit I’m enamored with this shoe. I love the style and dig that it performs at a high level. I can’t, however, wrap my head around 3 bills for golf shoes.
It is harder. Budget Golf has a couple of pairs that are really nice right now on sale including one similar to this.
Not sure if the coupon code works, but it certainly might.

Good stuff - I always like a well made shoe. But unlike some people (not to name names), I have a lot so I would bite on sale shoes - none that Iike in my size - I will keep an eye out and see if that changes in future sales.

I really like @JB 's point about how they feel like a well made dress shoe that molds itself to your foot - as a guy with way too many pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes (kid was a salesperson for them), I fully understand what that means. And, it's a very high praise - in my opinion.

I am assuming with the material, they are not waterproof. Is that true or am I missing that detail? @JB

I am assuming with the material, they are not waterproof. Is that true or am I missing that detail? @JB
I am not sure honestly.
I can say I wore them for two dew sweeping rounds with no issues at all.
I also wore them with @Mmaynard11 at Dormie Club in a complete downpour and had no issues either. But I do not have information on a warranty necessarily on that matter.

One point - not a deal breaker in any way. For me, moisture - sweat mostly?, with leather insoles, seems to stain non-cotton socks - I have only had issues like this with FootJoy Premieres where the ankle seems to touch leather (inside the shoe). No idea why or what for either, but the stains would not come out either.

Those are some very good looking shoes! I'm a big fan of shoes that can be worn on and off the course. I have two pairs of Truelinks that I rotate everyday for work.

Back