Edel SMS Pro Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Its finally time.

I have seen a lot of golf club releases come and go over my years writing for THP, and the excitement has always been high for me as a self-admitted equipment geek. However, this release from Edel is in elite company where excitement and anticipation to break down a new release for our readership is concerned.

Having seen them, touched them, and hit them, I can tell you with absolute truth that the new Edel SMS Pro irons are bold. If you were someone who enjoyed what they brought to the table with the SMS Irons, but wanted a slimmer profile, you had better buckle up because these are that, and then some.

Continue reading...

Can these be easily blended with the previous release, or would so adjustment’s be needed?

Can these be easily blended with the previous release, or would so adjustment’s be needed?
They can be easily blended. Mixed sets should be quite common I would imagine.

Wow just wow. Do you have any pictures of the soles and how do they differ from the SMS irons

I will fully admit I’m intrigued by what I see in the article. Having experienced the putter fitting and seeing exactly how that process worked for me. I can only imagine what this fitting would be like.

The weights on the back would take some time to get used to looks wise, but knowing it’s science I think helps me get past that. I’m not in the market, I’m not in the market— thanks for the write up @Jman well done.

Man those look great. Not sure I’m a good enough ball striker for them but I’d still love to check them out.

If there was ever an iron made specifically for @Jman this would be it :drinks:

Really cool looking at all that technology in such a small iron. Going to be some very happy folks at the Quest this year.

I will fully admit I’m intrigued by what I see in the article. Having experienced the putter fitting and seeing exactly how that process worked for me. I can only imagine what this fitting would be like.

The weights on the back would take some time to get used to looks wise, but knowing it’s science I think helps me get past that. I’m not in the market, I’m not in the market— thanks for the write up @Jman well done.
I have the SMS irons and I thought the weights (looks) on the back would bother me as well. I honestly forgot they were there by the middle of the round.

So much tech packed into these beautiful clubs.

Plus more shaft options this year.

These look really good. I tested an original SMS 7 iron and didn't have any issue with the look of those. Then again, I am getting less picky about that type of stuff in my old age.

Wow. These are cool!!

If there was ever an iron made specifically for @Jman this would be it :drinks:

Really cool looking at all that technology in such a small iron. Going to be some very happy folks at the Quest this year.
They check a lot of boxes for me! Hahaha

They’re SUPER compact. Old school compact. A true players profile. And that 4i at address on a tee box will test your fortitude, trust me. Hahaha

Take time because it’s different? The quality with which they’re implemented is absolutely top tier when it comes to blending/finish/ integration.

I can personally say that the weights in the back are easy to get used to. Find the location that best fits your swing and release style and forget about them. They actually look really good.

I will have to give them a test at CC someday. Not that there is anything wrong with my SMS irons. Just out of curiosity.

I love to see blended sets available on their website, this is an awesome addition.

I will have to give them a test at CC someday. Not that there is anything wrong with my SMS irons. Just out of curiosity.
They’re tiny. So gloriously tiny.

These look cool.

didn't know we were promoting knives on this forum... these are very slim and dangerous for my bag haha ... sexy but outside what I need

great article. Really excited to see the sets THPers in Quest Cup choose

Take time because it’s different? The quality with which they’re implemented is absolutely top tier when it comes to blending/finish/ integration.
No doubt about the quality- only saying the weights on the back are different looks wise. You have three circles staring back at you- again not saying they aren’t top tier only saying they are different.

Back