2023 Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
By optimizing the moment of impact, Bridgestone Golf is hoping their new e12 Contact golf ball will give players a great combination of maximum distance, straighter overall shots, soft feel, and enhanced short game performance. They’ve carried some features of this popular line over from the most recent iteration while adding their fourth generation of “Contact Science”, which includes an all-new cover technology they are calling FLEXATIV.

Continue reading...

I played a box of last years e12's and found them to be really nice. I'll have to try these at some point as well to see the change.

Those are very interesting looking dimples there. I'm not used to seeing a little raised section in the dimple themselves.

How soft / firm are those balls? With the surlyn cover I assume it's on the softer side than the tour balls.

bringing this lineup closer to the tour B is impressive. Pretty cool that this reduces sidespin on driver at faster soeeedw her allows greenside response as well will be interesting to hot a few

going back a bit I think simple in dimple is awesome look

I tried the previous generation e12 and thought it was a solid ball. Looking forward to giving these a try.

Interesting how they can get the skin of the ball to react differently based on the amount of force applied. Great price point for these.

Those are very interesting looking dimples there. I'm not used to seeing a little raised section in the dimple themselves.

How soft / firm are those balls? With the surlyn cover I assume it's on the softer side than the tour balls.
IIRC it's a bit softer than for example Chrome Soft or B XS.

Interesting how they can get the skin of the ball to react differently based on the amount of force applied. Great price point for these.

Great write up @Hawk!

@Mmaynard11 I was thinking the exact same thing. My question is, are others doing this too but not explaining it this way, or is this a differentiator for Bridgestone?

Great writeup @Hawk, the e12 Contact became my go-to ball last season, and I cannot wait to try the new version out. Solid performer all around the bag.

Great write up @Hawk!

@Mmaynard11 I was thinking the exact same thing. My question is, are others doing this too but not explaining it this way, or is this a differentiator for Bridgestone?
another brand said similar things but mentioned this about a core... not cover...
The new core and cover design on the ball reduces drag for enhanced ball speed on all full swing shots

Have played the previous model and it preformed very well. Might actually have been the best ball for me off driver. Looking forward to giving this new release a try. Could see it being the ball I go to this year. Time and testing will tell.

another brand said similar things but mentioned this about a core... not cover...
The new core and cover design on the ball reduces drag for enhanced ball speed on all full swing shots

Yea, I've heard it mentioned about the core before, but never about the cover that I can recall.

Great write up @Hawk!

I think two others that have cover modifiers that discuss how it impacts differently around the green but this approach is interesting

I think two others that have cover modifiers that discuss how it impacts differently around the green but this approach is interesting

Yea, kinda what I'm thinking too @Scooby45

Love the E12. Can’t wait to try this new rendition

It must be a slippery slope to improve the surlyn model. But, not to creep close the urethane space. Also, not get too expensive compared to the lower cost surlyn line. 35 for a surlyn ball. Times have changed.

Yea, I've heard it mentioned about the core before, but never about the cover that I can recall.
I think REACTIV stated something similar about the cover and force. I could be wrong though. I wonder if it all relates to the force by the club that changes the shape of the ball that the then dimples reduce drag, etc.

I’m trying to think scientific this morning. 😂

Thanks for the information @Hawk ! I played the previous iteration of the E12. It’s a really good “non-tour” ball. Bridgestone produces some of the most advanced golf balls available today. My one nit-pick is when non-urethane golf balls start encroaching on that $40.00 threshold.

I think REACTIV stated something similar about the cover and force. I could be wrong though. I wonder if it all relates to the force by the club that changes the shape of the ball that the then dimples reduce drag, etc.

I’m trying to think scientific this morning. 😂

It’s definitely strange. The $35’ish non-urethane ball is probably my least favorite segment. I can’t help but be annoyed when I see them in store for some reason.

Thanks for the information @Hawk ! I played the previous iteration of the E12. It’s a really good “non-tour” ball. Bridgestone produces some of the most advanced golf balls available today. My one nit-pick is when non-urethane golf balls start encroaching on that $40.00 threshold.
Wait did these go up in cost from
Last year?

I never gave these a shot last year but they were always in the back of my mind. I think with the improvements this year I’m gonna have to give them a shot.

Back