Titleist TSR1 Driver, Fairways and Hybrids

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Titleist TSR drivers and fairways have been on the market for several months and have received plenty of praise during that time. Similar to years past, there is a TSR2 driver that brings together speed and distance. TSR3 offers fine-tuning via the Speed Ring Face Technology, and TSR4 is a 430cc low-spin monster. To complete the family, there needs to be a product that can work for golfers with a little less speed in their game, and that is the new TSR1.

Continue reading...

Love that Titleist has a line for every type of player. I could see a 20 degree hybrid being a great club. A little easier to elevate than a normal hybrid, but maybe a little easier to work with than a longer fairway wood.

• Staff
Love that Titleist has a line for every type of player. I could see a 20 degree hybrid being a great club. A little easier to elevate than a normal hybrid, but maybe a little easier to work with than a longer fairway wood.

what I like about their hybrid progression now is that they really have 3 distinctive shapes.

Like the clean look of the driver. In your top down pic looks pretty closed at address might just be me though. I do like the hybrid line has a ton of options. 20* might be nice instead of a typical 5* or UW if you prefer that head shape and it performs for you.

I really like that more OEMs are embracing the slower swinging player!

First look, this whole release looks really sleek and clean!

Sleek and clean looking...almost too much but I like what Titleist is doing here.

Good information @ddec ! Titleist TSR is a good looking lineup.

Looks like if you mesh this line with the new T400 irons, you'd have a GBB 2022 version competitor.

I really like the clean look of the tsr lineup.

Love this. Interesting that they target the swing speeds under 90, yet Nelly played the 1 series on tour. Goes to show how dynamic fitting can be.

Love this. Interesting that they target the swing speeds under 90, yet Nelly played the 1 series on tour. Goes to show how dynamic fitting can be.

absolutely. Someone who wants a driver head that will retain a little more spin and lightweight works for them would probably find a nice fit here.

@ddec do they give a reasoning for releasing this model much later than everything else? This seems to be the model that would fit the most people.

@ddec do they give a reasoning for releasing this model much later than everything else? This seems to be the model that would fit the most people.
I can’t remember them mentioning one during our briefing. I wonder if they think something that is more geared towards this segment would get a little lost if they released all at once. Last time around IIRC they released 1 and 4 later than 2&3. This time 4 was included in the main launch.

Im not @ddec and his response probably has more background behind it, but I asked this a while back and was told that based on their fittings, TSR2 and TSR3 hit the majority of the curve.

Last time, 1 and 4 came at a later date and this time TSR4 was included since its a club that really jumps to being fit into. Personally I would like to see them release all at the same time. But I also understand delaying so you are back in the news during launch season.

Great information Dean. I am not quite down to the target demographic swing speed but am not far away. The clubheads look really nice at address, though the FWs and hybrids footprints are a little bigger than what I normally gravitate to.

Im not @ddec and his response probably has more background behind it, but I asked this a while back and was told that based on their fittings, TSR2 and TSR3 hit the majority of the curve.

Last time, 1 and 4 came at a later date and this time TSR4 was included since its a club that really jumps to being fit into. Personally I would like to see them release all at the same time. But I also understand delaying so you are back in the news during launch season.

Getting back in the news was in the back of my mind when I asked that question. Cool that all levels of golfers will have a driver somewhere.

I like the idea of very high launching fairways. I might have to demo one of these down the line. It seems like so many clubs that offer that also are heavily draw biased. Hope that is not the case.

I like the idea of very high launching fairways. I might have to demo one of these down the line. It seems like so many clubs that offer that also are heavily draw biased. Hope that is not the case.
I find this line up almost fade biased, but that could be my anomaly of a golf swing.

Did I jump the gun by loading up on TSR2s???? Nah. But these are sure interesting.

I am right on the edge of the recommended SS for these and would be interested in trying it for sure. Need to jump on and see what shaft options will be there.

Love my TSR 3 and FW. Crazy launch and plenty of forgiveness. Titleist team was on point saying they were trying to build clubs for every kind of golfer.

I would like to try this line out. Driver costs are just going to keep going up.

Back