2023 Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
’ve got a bold statement for you, Cleveland’s Frontline putters not only started an industry wide trend of forward weighting, but they did it better than any of those that followed. The original Frontline release in 2019 was so good that it garnered an expansion in 2021 rather than a regeneration of sorts. If the fact that Cleveland Golf decided to keep Frontline, in-line, for four years isn’t proof enough of how successful they were for the company, then go back and look at the superlatives which the THP community continually provided.

However, it is 2023 now, and it is time for the next generation of Frontline putters, and this time Cleveland is boldly tagging them Elite.

Continue reading...

Everything sounds good about it. The lack of face movement and better miss accuracy sounds awesome. Great price as well. I think it'll be a great putter for a lot of people. I just hope it has a nice soft sound and not a big 'ping' to it when it strikes the ball.

Everything sounds good about it. The lack of face movement and better miss accuracy sounds awesome. Great price as well. I think it'll be a great putter for a lot of people. I just hope it has a nice soft sound and not a big 'ping' to it when it strikes the ball.
Great price point. Love the wide blade.

Great write-up James. Had the 2021 model and liked it so looking forward to testing the new generation out.

Enjoyed that write up @Jman

I'm looking for a putter and will for sure roll these when I see them

glad to see this price on putters!

Some really interesting ideas in here, tungsten soft face, sole weights, alignment placed at axis points. Add in the ability to get all in shaft options at a reasonable price point. Look forward to rolling a few of these in the wild. Well done @Jman

I guess it's just me but I feel the top is boring and bottom is gorgeous. Can we flip it please. 😀 Otherwise some great ideas for stability.

A great option at a fantastic price point. More distance and directional retention on misses due to the weighting sounds like a good advancement . Overall an intriguing package.

I saw the tease yesterday and got excited. Happy to see the details drop today.

I was one of the golfers put off by the visual tech. I like the looks of these much better.

Really interesting with how they chose the double white stripe for the face balanced models and single lines for the arcs.

Fantastic price point for a lot more golfers out there that don't want to break the bank. I had the previous version of their blade, so I'm looking forward to testing these out.

Really liked the performance of the OG Frontline, but didn't care for the feel. These look like a nice upgrade. Seems like Cleveland is pricing themselves out of the affordable space more and more and I'm curious if that hurts them going against the big boys at a similar price point.

Really interesting @Jman ! They look to have a lot of technology built into them. One thing I noticed, are there no center shafted options?

Really interesting @Jman ! They look to have a lot of technology built into them. One thing I noticed, are there no center shafted options?
Correct, not at this time.

@Jman am I reading correctly that the insert is tungsten?
Yessir! The actual insert IS the tungsten, which made me double and triple take too. Haha

I was one of the golfers put off by the visual tech. I like the looks of these much better.

Really interesting with how they chose the double white stripe for the face balanced models and single lines for the arcs.
All about 2135 for the straight arc putters, the larger alignment section combined with 2135 means the golfers eyes can be behind, at, or past the ball at setup and it’ll still be effective.

For arc putters, seeing a large alignment section can lead to manipulation and alteration of the stroke, a smalllef alignment option keeps it free’d up to flow.

I’m REALLY pleased with the evolution of the Frontline line, in almost every way but one. I don’t PERSONALLY care for the way the shape of the Elevado has been changed, it was perfect previously and it spreads it’s been thinned out as well as made more angular, and I don’t really dig it as much. That said, I hope track one down after release to see that model in person to see if I’m crazy or not.

All in. :love:
They look good though a little fall-in-line with other putters in this price point if that makes sense.

I’m REALLY pleased with the evolution of the Frontline line, in almost every way but one. I don’t PERSONALLY care for the way the shape of the Elevado has been changed, it was perfect previously and it spreads it’s been thinned out as well as made more angular, and I don’t really dig it as much. That said, I hope track one down after release to see that model in person to see if I’m crazy or not.
Yeah, that's an unpleasing shape imo.

Yeah, that's an unpleasing shape imo.
The Elevado in previous models was the best 7-like shape on the market, any brand, so to see it change as much as it appears to have based on pics alone, makes me a little sad.

That said, I totally reserve the right to change that opinion when they’re in hand.

I also said it in the article and will here as well, Cleveland doesn’t get the respect or recognition they should when it comes to putter innovation and design.

Depending on the size of the elevado I real like it with the thick contrasting alignment aid. If it's similar to the TEE Wingman 706, I could see myself trying that out. Much bigger than that it might take moving a mountain for me to try a mallet

Another wide blade face balanced putter in the 8.0 that I have to look at this year.

Back