ANNOUNCEMENT The Worst Golf Podcast Episode 40 – Deep Dive

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Everybody wants to be the best, we strive to be the worst. When a bad take is necessary, we will be here to share it with you. This is Episode number 40 and we have a jam packed show including answering your questions submitted on the THP Forum on equipment, business and off topic madness. We are live today at 12pm ET and you can join us here, YouTube, Facebook or on the THP Forum.

Discuss a New Contest
THP Experience Coming Up
THPer Questions
Deep Dive on Some Tech
And So Much More

Don’t forget to try Coral Safe and keep your Skin Safe.

Of course, if you prefer to not watch, you can listen to the show right here, on Apple Podcasts, or from anywhere you do your podcast listening and downloading. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode, and don’t forget to leave us a comment too. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from each episode.

Do you BarkBox? If not, your dog is missing out. By using the URLs below, you can get a free month added to your subscription.

www.barkbox.com/THPGolf

www.superchewer.com/THPGolf

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I’m going to try to watch live. Very interesting agenda for today.

Hope to get to watch live. Chances are not high that I will be able to however. This work deal sucks.

forgot to ask in the other thread but maybe you can speak to it today, what has been your best memory or opportunity that THP has allowed you to have/experience?

• Admin
forgot to ask in the other thread but maybe you can speak to it today, what has been your best memory or opportunity that THP has allowed you to have/experience?
Good question. I will put some thought into this and share.

I'll tune in live for once!

I'm trying to tune in live, but you know the work thing is happening.

Question - Getting someone started in golf, they/you don't know the full commitment yet, but want to introduce the game. What's the best way? Bring them along on a solo round and let them see the game first hand from the course, or ease them in with the practice range or something like Top Golf?

• Admin

Question - Getting someone started in golf, they/you don't know the full commitment yet, but want to introduce the game. What's the best way? Bring them along on a solo round and let them see the game first hand from the course, or ease them in with the practice range or something like Top Golf?
This is a really good question, but honestly I am not sure I am best equipped to answer.
In my head, I think bring them to the range a few times, and then take them to play. Play out of your bag, and see how it goes. From there, if interest doesnt wane, you have a new playing partner to enjoy.

I'll hopefully get to listen live, but can't physically log into youtube here at work.

I have a meeting at 11, but I am going to let them know I have a hard stop at 12. I don’t want to miss this.

I also need some coral safe sunscreen for my upcoming cruise.

Looking forward to listening live to this one.

Hoping to be able to listen to this one live. Have a few things I’m dealing with this morning so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to this one. May cut out for the Dentist a bit early.

Should be in the car so can catch this live 🔥

Work should allow the live view today is all goes as planned

Great question Mike. I re-introduced my son to the game back in April at age 20. Tried to get him into it back when he was 12-13ish and he didn't have the patience. Now he can't get enough. He LOVES it, but like his dad can't "manage expectations" well and gets frustrated quickly. A range session turned ugly quickly last night when he wasn't swinging very well and had poor results. Tried to help him but I am no swing coach. I know what a good swing should look like but its difficult for me to convey it. Took a bunch of slo-mo vids of his swing to get some visual feedback but he was hot and tired by that point. He took one lesson a few weeks ago. Has been working on the suggestions from the pro but poor habits have creeped back in the last week or so. Would love suggestions on how to help a new player as well.

@mikeg_74 - The play out of your bag was a big one for me. Don't expect people to invest in this, it's super expensive if you want to involve them know that you're probably going to pick up most of the expense. (Not green's fee - but clubs, balls, tee's that kind of stuff that we just have in our bags)

Also, don't be so judgey and don't get upset about things that people who don't golf don't know. I will tell you that people who don't play golf have no clue how you line up your clubs, even if they are watching you they mostly all look the same.

Mine went the BIL/FIL asked me to go with them. I said I don't golf, BIL says something to the effect of ...do you want to? I said sure, but I don't have any golf stuff. Wore my cross trainers out, didn't know any rules and didn't really care.

I probably missed the ball 3x more than I hit it and when I did hit it, it likely didn't do what I wanted it to. I also know (now in hindsight) that I was putting his clubs back in all the wrong spots, didn't wipe them down or clean the grooves nothing.

He didn't say a single negative word about it, would just move his clubs back to where they were supposed to go and clean them when he needed them next. Then after we were done there was no round recap or talking about good or bad or debrief or any of that stuff you do with the usual golfers. We just talked about our usual stuff.

Next time, they asked again and I said sure - it went on like that all summer and finally by the end I was hooked ad started getting my own stuff.

Hopefully able to catch live.

Will be tuned in for the live show!

@JB what Is your favorite newly released club that has come out at the moment?

Will be tuned in for the live show!

@JB what Is your favorite newly released club that has come out at the moment?
Oh quite a few
Paradym X Driver
Cobra Aerojet Hybrid
Cleveland Rtx 6 wedges

I like a lot of the current gear

We not be able to listen live but I’ll catch up tonight.

I rarely have meetings. Today I do and its at noon, ugh.

Show time can't come quick enough for me!

I will miss the first 15-30 seconds because youtube will insist I watch unskippable ads as soon as the stream starts

About 90 minutes to go.

Back