2023 Cobra AIR-X Lineup

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
While there are a lot of companies who are finally realizing that having something for everyone is critical, Cobra Golf has been walking that walk for years. When they made the decision to really evolve and put more emphasis on their now AIR-X lineup of clubs, it provided something for a huge segment of golfers who need help but don’t want to sacrifice technology. This time around, Cobra is taking it even further by implementing focused design efforts that serve the golfers with smoother tempos and more human speeds. As always with AIR-X, the name of the game is distance through easy launch, higher flight, and increased lateral accuracy. The new AIR-X lineup is here.

Continue reading...

As someone with those more human speeds, this line up is very intriguing. I love that they have clubs for everyone. A 290g driver, how heavy are standard drivers? If that's a huge difference wouldn't Cobra be afraid that it's going to swing a lot differently than drivers that are 30% or whatever heavier?

As someone with those more human speeds, this line up is very intriguing. I love that they have clubs for everyone. A 290g driver, how heavy are standard drivers? If that's a huge difference wouldn't Cobra be afraid that it's going to swing a lot differently than drivers that are 30% or whatever heavier?
I believe they go longer with driver to help with swingweight.

Specs are up on the website. Looks like D1.5 swingweight with a 50g shaft and 46” length. 58 g grip.

Typically about 200g in the head, say 52g in the grip then it leaves you with a 48g shaft. I’d say the head is lighter than that to allow for a more standard shaft around upper 50’s or low 60’s.

Love that they offer both the offset driver and straight neck driver depending on your wants and needs. I hit last generation and it was enjoyable. Silly easy to knock the ball up in the air. Yes the spin was up there, but that also meant it was staying more online more me. A spinny fairway finder isn’t a bad thing for some folks.

Love that they offer both the offset driver and straight neck driver depending on your wants and needs. I hit last generation and it was enjoyable. Silly easy to knock the ball up in the air. Yes the spin was up there, but that also meant it was staying more online more me. A spinny fairway finder isn’t a bad thing for some folks.
Big fan of heads like this for my 2nd driver.
Easy to launch, forgiving as can be and can even be hit off the deck.

@JB - will this get any run for you in the short driver slot? I think you had a prior version at one point.

Edit: beat me to it 😂

I would like to spend about 10 minutes on a monitor with these hybrids. I bet the launch is REAL

The fairways are one I may take a peek at. Easy launch and forgiveness sounds nice

Under appreciated lineup, I continue to love what they’re doing with AIR-X, it’s a design that would aid a LOT of golfers imo

Easy to launch and forgiving should not be overlooked. I know some people who could probably benefit from playing clubs from this lineup.

My brother plays the previous Air-X driver with offset neck and 50 gran regular shaft. He has a big hook tendency with most clubs and hasn't played a driver in years due to this.

He tested several clubs and ended up with the Air-X, because it was the easiest to launch, straightest and long enough to carry a lot further than his 3W.

I'd love to have tested it, but he's a lefty and I'm not. The new ones look like an even better version also aesthetically.

would be fun to try 'em. would really like my dad to give the driver a go. my recent experience with Paradym Star (driver) makes me more open minded about these light weight offerings. getting on a monitor with the entire lineup would be fun and interesting for sure.

I think these look a lot better than the last line up. I was considering the previous line to upgrade my irons before I used my golden ticket on the Morgan Cup.

A very interesting product, and especially that 15° driver! That could make for one heck of a second driver in someone’s bag!

As a golfer in my 70s who has lost swing speed through age and some nagging injuries, these lightweight club offerings have grabbed my interest. I am curious how these Cobras will stack up against their competitors in the lightweight super game improvement club category, namely XXIO and the new Callaway Paradym Star lineup.

I want to try the hybrid and fairway wood in this lineup. I need more consistent distance and direction in the 220-190 yard distance area.

It's great to see companies putting some advanced tech into this category of clubs and also making them look more appealing, rather than just having them as an afterthought in their product line. Very reasonably priced too, I'm sure these will hit the sweet spot for a good number of golfers.

Driver looks nice from the top down. Not a fan of the back of the irons though. Too much text cluttered onto the head.

Seems similar to the Ping 430 HL line but probably cheaper in price.

Nice looking clubs, but I wouldn't have much luck with the driver, fairway woods, and hybrids due to the offset. Not sure about the irons.

I hit the previous generation 3 wood and really liked it. I was struggling to get any height on my 3 wood, so it was impressive to see how easily the AIR-X launched for me. Glad to see Cobra is continuing the line. You get a lot of bang for you buck with this lineup.

Back