2024 Titleist Tour Soft and TruFeel Golf Balls Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
At times people seem to forget that Titleist is more than ProV1, ProV1x, and AVX when it comes to golf balls. Clearly that could not be further from the truth, but what might not be understood is that they maintain a relentless pursuit of innovation when it comes to every golf ball that they produce. The latest example comes today with the introduction of the newest iteration of both the 2024 Titleist Tour Soft and TruFeel golf balls.

Continue reading...

The matte red being offered later in the year is gonna be a cool option for people that use this ball.

Nice write up! I always like the trufeel when I played them. I guess I'll have to pick up a box of each and test on the sim.

For some reason I thought that one of these was going away just so they could introduce the new AVX? Too many balls in the lineup?

• Staff
For some reason I thought that one of these was going away just so they could introduce the new AVX? Too many balls in the lineup?
Options are good. Especially at two drastically different price points here.

These also have nothing to do with the new AVX. 🤐

Options are good. Especially at two drastically different price points here.

These also have nothing to do with the new AVX. 🤐
I didn't say they had anything to do with it other than one was going away. What's that make ... about 9 different balls, not including the RCT?

I like the idea of the True Soft, pretty much goes in line with what I look for in a ball. Nice price point as well. I'll purchase pink ones in July, for sure.

• Staff
I didn't say they had anything to do with it other than one was going away. What's that make ... about 9 different balls, not including the RCT?
You literally said/typed you thought one was going away to make room for the new AVX release?

My question on quantity though, why does it matter? Each golf ball has its specific segment, only four non Tour options in Velocity, TruFeel, Tour Soft, and Tour Speed. Honestly, I feel like Titleist has done an excellent job of making sure they cover a wider range than they once did.

Still don't understand the need for a 3 pc surlyn covered ball. I know they use crazy names for the cover material but end of the day its still a surlyn/ionomer cover, No?

Especially today with all of the urethane balls at the $30-$40 price point per box (Maxfli Tour, Snell, Vice, TM Tour Response, Q Star Tour, etc).

If people want to pay that much for a non urethane ball its their prerogative but seems like they are losing out on urethane performance at a similar price.

Still don't understand the need for a 3 pc surlyn covered ball. I know they use crazy names for the cover material but end of the day its still a surlyn/ionomer cover, No?

Especially today with all of the urethane balls at the $30-$40 price point per box (Maxfli Tour, Snell, Vice, TM Tour Response, Q Star Tour, etc).

If people want to pay that much for a non urethane ball its their prerogative but seems like they are losing out on urethane performance at a similar price.
They sell quite well. I think the ability to move product that a ball having Titleist on it is vastly underrated. Not to mention, it isn’t just a thrown together design, and urethane doesn’t automatically mean better for the aimed segment of golfers, or any golfer honestly.

I've played the prior Tour Soft before and actually really liked it. It was great off the tee and irons, but it seemed to have very little spin around the greens, even compared to other non-urethane balls. I'm glad they worked on improving that aspect. The feel was great and I really liked the alignment aid on the Tour Soft. I'll have to grab some of the new ones to try at some point. It's kind of a hard sell though at that $39.99, when you can get the Q-Star Tour with a urethane cover for $34.99. I'll still grab some to try though.

Ooh the Trufeel has a nice-ish price. Softest Titleist ball? Consider me interested. I like soft feeling golf balls. How does it compare to Callaway Supersoft? Any idea?

I like Titleist balls, but would gravitate towards other options at that price point.

I feel like Titleist could discontinue the Tour Soft and Tour Speed altogether. Have the lineup go from Trufeel, AVX (lower price point to compete with balls like the Q Star Tour), V1, V1X. I feel like most gravitate toward the V1 and V1X because its what the tour guys play, but there's better options for most people. I'm going to try the new AVX, but likely going back to the Q Star Tour this year. I love the soft feel.

I was going to ask if this release really moves the needle at all, but @Jman stole my thunder in the first sentence of the preview..."people forget Titleist makes other golf balls" 😬

Ooh the Trufeel has a nice-ish price. Softest Titleist ball? Consider me interested. I like soft feeling golf balls. How does it compare to Callaway Supersoft? Any idea?
Don’t know about the new edition but they were interchangeable for me. I think I actually slightly preferred the trufeel but loved both.

I've played the prior Tour Soft before and actually really liked it. It was great off the tee and irons, but it seemed to have very little spin around the greens, even compared to other non-urethane balls. I'm glad they worked on improving that aspect. The feel was great and I really liked the alignment aid on the Tour Soft. I'll have to grab some of the new ones to try at some point. It's kind of a hard sell though at that $39.99, when you can get the Q-Star Tour with a urethane cover for $34.99. I'll still grab some to try though.
I agree with this, the Q Star Tour is pound for pound the most impressive ball at its price point. I would think more competitors would focus on that $30-$35 range and developing a comparable ball. That’s a great price point for a ball like the AVX, but $39.99 for the Tour Soft makes me scratch my head. I guess at the end of the day, materials don’t matter as long as it performs for the person swinging the club.

I agree with this, the Q Star Tour is pound for pound the most impressive ball at its price point. I would think more competitors would focus on that $30-$35 range and developing a comparable ball. That’s a great price point for a ball like the AVX, but $39.99 for the Tour Soft makes me scratch my head. I guess at the end of the day, materials don’t matter as long as it performs for the person swinging the club.
The price is probably the biggest knock against it for me. The prior version was a good ball and I’m sure this one is improved, but the price seems a little steep. The QST is less or for just a few dollars more, you can get the Mizuno RB Tour, which is another really good ball. Maybe I’m missing something about it. I’ll grab some to try, just because, but price would be a deterrent to playing regularly.

Back