2024 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
We all know that when it comes to Titleist golf balls, the ProV1 and ProV1x as well as their occasional variants will always get the most attention. However, let’s not sleep on what the brand has accomplished with AVX. It is hard to believe we are getting the fourth generation of the golf ball which in 2018 caused a firestorm of mixed reactions, but here we are. Introducing the 2024 Titleist AVX Golf Balls.

Continue reading...

Great write up @jman! These should go in a lot of people’s bag!

• Staff
I’m an AVX fan. I played it pretty exclusively two years ago, so I’m eager to see first hand what the alterations to the core have done for it.

Thanks for the great info, @Jman. I've never tried out the AVX as I was leery of the lower ball flight characteristics when paired with my already lower ball flight. Being in western Oklahoma, a ball that will more easily cut through the wind is always worth considering.

This is the one I’ve been looking forward to!

I'll definitely try them out, however they'd have to be better than the last couple of releases which I felt were a little too low. Now granted I'm already a low ball hitter as it is, and previous versions left me unsatisfied with how they reacted on approach shots. They feel great, decent distance off the driver for me. But around the greens, as the article notes, haven't always been a strong point for this line. Especially when there are other balls out there at better price points with equal, if not better, performance.

Nice! Knew these were on the way. Now I know the release date, I'm sure there will be a dozen or so in my bag throughout the year. I liked the Test ball, so I'm sure I'll like this one.

Of all the balls I put in to play last year, I would say that the AVX was one that surprised me the most. With it being lower spin and lower launching, I wasnt expecting a ton, but the softer feel was fantastic. Mid to high launch for most shots, not as high as I would prefer but was about what I expected it to be.

The only thing about this ball, is I just dont understand where it falls on the Titleist lineup. Being a "sibling" to the Prov1 and Prov1x is odd, and I just dont see the benefit in playing this ball vs the others.

More offerings are always a good thing, but it's placement in the lineup confuses me.

If I played a Titleist golf ball, it would probably be the AVX Yellow.

I'll definitely try them out, however they'd have to be better than the last couple of releases which I felt were a little too low. Now granted I'm already a low ball hitter as it is, and previous versions left me unsatisfied with how they reacted on approach shots. They feel great, decent distance off the driver for me. But around the greens, as the article notes, haven't always been a strong point for this line. Especially when there are other balls out there at better price points with equal, if not better, performance.
Low is the name of the game with them though and where they want the flight to be, which is what allows them to have such a good trio of options to cover the gamut when you add in the V1 and V1x.

If the spin greenside is truly better, that’s a big win for them, but honestly, it’s a ball that does exactly what it claims.

Thank you for another great write up James. I have personally always enjoyed the AVX as an great alternative to my normal Bridgestone Tour B RX ball. Never had any issues with the amount of greenside spin they have likely because that it the type of ball I have been playing forever. Not a surprise that I have always liked the feel of the AVX more than ProV1 and ProV1X.

The one knock on this ball for me was always spin or lack thereof around the greens. It has always felt pretty good. Definitely seems like they addressed these issues in this version. I am not a fan of the alignment aid on these though, I almost have the feeling it looks less premium for some reason.

Low is the name of the game with them though and where they want the flight to be, which is what allows them to have such a good trio of options to cover the gamut when you add in the V1 and V1x.

If the spin greenside is truly better, that’s a big win for them, but honestly, it’s a ball that does exactly what it claims.
See, this is why I read and reread this stuff. And that makes sense why it's adjacent to the Prov1 and Prov1x vs being a lower cost option.

Also makes sense why I couldnt get the darn thing up in the air.

If greenside spin is better I can see more playing this type of ball, maybe even someone like @Canadan

See, this is why I read and reread this stuff. And that makes sense why it's adjacent to the Prov1 and Prov1x vs being a lower cost option.

Also makes sense why I couldnt get the darn thing up in the air.
Yup yup!

I still think about the reactions when it was announced (raises hand) with a new name and not another ProV naming offshoot. Fast forward, it works and makes sense. It’s a sibling, but a softer and lower launching/spinning one.

I gamed AVX 2 yrs ago, actually got 2nd career HIO (humble brag) with one. It's not the right ball for me, low flight, but it is a good ball and really like the feel of it.
If I find one, I will end up putting it in play

Yup yup!

I still think about the reactions when it was announced (raises hand) with a new name and not another ProV naming offshoot. Fast forward, it works and makes sense. It’s a sibling, but a softer and lower launching/spinning one.
Im right there, it being adjacent confused me.

But, it's a different ball for a different player. Not for me, but I know plenty of guys that could benefit from a lower launching ball.

Nice write up Jman. I played the AVX last year and rather enjoyed them because of their lower flight, since I’m normally a high ball hitter. I didn’t experience much green side spin, so looking forward to trying these and hoping the spin around the greens have improved.

Great ball for the right golfer. I am not that golfer. lol.

Seems like a good update. It has a lot of devoted players that should enjoy them. The $49.99 stands out to me a bit. In a good way. I expected more when I first heard about that.

Sounds like good updates for the newest model.

Interesting to see that they lowered the price vs the 2022 version.

I've played a couple of these I found and thought they were decent. I definitely need the lower trajectory, especially with a Titleist ball, they proV and 1x always seems to balloon on me and I'd lose distance.

Back