2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Any time Bridgestone Golf announces their newest version of their flagship Tour B golf ball, it is an exciting time to see just what they have up their sleeve. Some of the most impressive innovations in golf balls over the years have been part of the Tour B series as well as its predecessor B330 lineup.

Last time, it was all about REACTIV. This time, we see the next evolution of that, and then some.

Continue reading...

February can’t get here soon enough, a lot of new ball releases. Might just be me but the Bridgestone golf balls always felt heavy at impact anyone else experience that?

Great write up @Jman . I'm really hoping I like that deeper sound, not a big 'ting' sound fan in general. I also like the backboard talk and love that they continue to develop all parts of the ball not just what you can see / feel.

Funny that I feel a little happiness any time I see a urethane golf ball hover at the $50 mark. I'm sure I'll try these out eventually.

Tiger switched to the Tour B X because of distance?! My goodness!

Great write up @Jman ! I can’t wait to hear what you and the forum testers have to say about these golf balls!

Liked what I saw with the past X ball. Look forward to trying this one.

Really looking forward to the testers opinion! I enjoyed playing the B XS for a bit and saw really good results especially around the green.

I'll take the new B RXS into my comparison for this years ball.

Thanks for another great write up James. Looking forward to the tester feedback on these. As a longtime Bridgestone golf ball user since the beginning of the B330 series, I will definitely be giving these a try.

Great write up @Jman . I like this evolution and how the cover reacts differently in the various balls. A good ball that has gotten better.

I'll be one of the BXS testers, looking forward to putting it through the trackman gauntlet! Will have plenty of thoughts for you guys soon, should be getting them shortly

Great writeup! Really cool evolution of this line. Very interested in the fact that sound has changed due to the changes. Got me intrigued.

Great write up. Loved the previous model. The new RX and RXS are a must try. Be grabbing these as soon as they are available.

Is this the last "premium tour ball" under $50? I have no doubt the ball will be very good

Nice write up @Jman !
Be interested to read how and where these balls differ from the previous version when it comes performance off of various clubs.

So its the same...but different? haha

Will be interesting to see how these do up against other new strong contenders

Played the various iterations of the RX over the years and has always performed well. Interested to see what this version brings to the table.

Another great iteration of a fantastic line of balls. So many new options to try soon, and these will surely impress. Looking forward to the feedback we will see here on the forum for these!

This is going to be an interesting one. Reactiv was a step up and with XCLRNT too it'll be interesting to see how some THP'ers react to them and what the testers see. Fun!

Got lucky enough to be selected to test the Tour BX for Bridgestone and THP.
Can't wait to get started and share feedback with you guys. It's gonna be fun!

I assume this will be the thread to do that in?

Looking forward to hearing more about these balls, particularly the unique cover and backboard performance.

I've played the BX off and on with the Callaway XLS the last two years. I loved the feel of the reactiv cover and loved feel off the wedges. Sound off the driver was neither here nor there for me. My only issue was a little too much spin and launch off the driver. Irons were usually ok but could get a little high and spinney when fading it. Curious to see launch conditions of the new BX with driver and irons. For me, the XLS was longer off the tee and slightly faster than the BX, but short irons and wedges were better with the BX. Looking forward to seeing how these stack up this year.

No doubt the Bridgestone engineers know their stuff and I can’t wait to get my hands on them for testing. It’s cool that each model has it’s own ”smart cover” and that they’ve also improved the mid-layer. I’m lucky enough to to be one of the testers for the B RX and I’m very familiar with the older versions after having playing most of my rounds with the B X or B RX for over two years.

I’m really excited to try these. I like seeing the $49.95 price point.

Great write up @Jman and excited to hear what the testers think about these. I will always hold Bridgestone close to the heart as they were the first ball that I actually dedicated my allegiance to over 10 years ago. While times have changed I always enjoyed the Tour B RX ball and its predecessor in the B330.

great price point and I wouldn’t be surprised if a dozen ends up in my bag at some point this year.

What Callaway Chrome Tour ball would be comparable to a Bridgestone ball?

It's no secret that I have been a long time believer in the secret sauce that goes into the Tour ball from Bridgestone.
They'll absolutely get a shot with me. They probably always will.

But I need this one to crush.

Also thoughts:

1- XCLRNT sounds interesting. Mid layers are fascinating.
2- Can't believe with all this Tiger stuff they still have his ball marked with blue. Just swap it already.

Back