Looking For Testers: Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Untitled-5.jpg

Criteria
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss usage and answer questions.
You will be reviewing this for a period of 90 days (then it is yours to keep).
This one is open to all THP Forum Members and we are looking for THREE THPers that are active on the forum.

How to Signup
Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
1. Do you currently have a laser rangefinder?
2. If yes, which model, if no, why not?
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Our review is here.

Then sit back and in a few days we will announce a some THPers that will be reviewing this on the forum. Remember this is not just a contest, but a willingness to help provide honest feedback on the Cobalt Q6 laser rangefinder so that those looking for facts can be informed.

Looking forward to seeing who joins in on this really fun laser testing.

Nice. Interested to find out what THPers think about this one.

Awesome ... good luck, all!

1. Do you currently have a laser rangefinder? Yes
2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Precision Pro NX9 Slope
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? The SmartSwitch and the ease of changing settings that comes with that feature.

Interested to know what people think also! I have a couple, and they suite me fine when needed, so I'll look forward to THP'ers reviews.

Noice! Thanks for the opportunity.

-Yes
-TecTecTec VPRO500
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Our review is here.
-Definitely the SmartSwitch. Navigating buttons on most range finders is an absolute pain and this seems like an absolute game changer!

I have never been so jealous of a testing!!! Go get it you all! Good luck!!

1. Do you currently have a laser rangefinder? No
2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? i have always used a handheld gps device
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Lifetime warranty is nice to have, also the speed to get targets locked in. that goes in line with the "pinsense" the quicker you can get the target up the quicker we can hit and keep pace. the worst is when you see the guy trying to get the yardage and it seems like 5 mins before he gets it. faster is definitely better.

1. Do you currently have a laser rangefinder? No.
Been working on contact first. Only just starting to try and dial in distance.
PinSense sounds pretty cool. I also put a premium on speed with just about any electronics I use.

I have never been so jealous of a testing!!! Go get it you all! Good luck!!
You can have mine and join in on the testing.

Gotta love the THP Test/Review opportunities, and this one sounds incredible!

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Precision Pro NX7 Pro Slope
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Our review is here. Speed and accuracy, with a lifetime warranty are a good place to start, but the magnesium chassis with aluminum exterior really gets my interest!

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? I have been using a GPS
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? When they were on off course and talked about their tech being on the space stations etc.. they seem next level legit no fluff..

No.

For my game it hasn't been a necessity. Generally looking more at a range instead of a specific number. Have used my Apple Watch in the past to get a number.

I think the company history in the market makes this device interesting. They have produced lasers for applications that are much more precision oriented than golf. Think a range finder might be what I need to help figure out what are my club distances. Also, this would be a multi-use tool for me. The industry that I work in has a heavy field investigation/mapping component. I see this living in my truck and going to not only the course but also the field.

Not an entry, but good luck to those entering!

1. Yes i have one
2. I use the Bushnell Hybrid
3. The ease of working the "Smart Switch" raised dial to move from applications and changing the brightness, slope, measurements and such

I would love the opportunity to examine this against the best i have used, so far....

Last edited:
Yes I do

Nikon Prostaff 3i

3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested?
The Pinsense for sure. With my current model it can be tricky to get locked on to the target

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? SereneLife SLGRF20SL
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? I have never used a rangefinder with slope before. Having the SmartSwitch to quickly toggle between options to see how much impact slope has will be extremely valuable especially when first getting used to the unit. Also, I'd love to see how well their PinSense technology works to lock onto pins. I struggle with this on my current model.

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Have been using my watch and an app
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Like the smartswitch dial on the side for ease of access and changing the settings

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Nicon Aculon
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? In the review, it says this model is as good as any that have been reviewed. This is exciting. Also, my finder has absolutely no extra features. It would be nice to see how much more beneficial one with a bunch of features is. Lifetime warranty is great too.

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Been using Arccos and SwingU iPhone apps
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? The overall ergonomics, but especially the Surge function (vibration response) when you're locked on. The simplicity of using a rangefinder vs using an app has been a debate I have had recently with some other people.

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Nexus NX7 Pro
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? The accuracy of the slope feature. I'd really like to compare it to the NX7 and see how close they are. There are many elevated greens at my course, and sometimes I question how accurate the slope yardage is on the NX7.

Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Voice Caddie EL1
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested?
I've been wanting to try their product since they appeared on off course, if it's good enough for NASA it's good enough for me.

2. If yes, which model, if no, why not? Shot Scope Pro L1
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? Speed, speed, speed. The Pro L1 is awesome, but it isn't the quickest to lock on the target. That and, if I'm being totally honest, it just looks cool :LOL:

It’s a simple mono scope
3. What is it about this Cobalt Q6 that has you most interested? The switches and dials. Not having to think about menus etc is great
Thank you for the review and opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back