Never Compromise Reserve Putter Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
After twelve years, Never Compromise is back. Some of you may have fond memories of the company’s past, while the name may be completely new to others. To quickly break down their history, Never Compromise putters started appearing on Tour in the late 1990’s, and quickly found a great deal of success. In the early 2000’s, Cleveland Golf acquired the brand and went on to deliver the iconic Voodoo series, which featured contrasting colors for alignment, advanced materials like tungsten, and unique shapes. The company occasionally popped back into our minds with names like X-Ray, Gambler, and Sub-30. The Gambler series was particularly loved, as it married traditional milled shapes with (at the time) unheard of customization opportunities. Eventually, Never Compromise’s parent company SRI decided to focus their putter innovation under the Cleveland Golf brand, which managed to evolve from a bargain brand to one known for its technology and premium feel at affordable prices.

Continue reading...

Will be really interested to try out. The price point puts them in a spot going head to head with other well known brands so will be interesting to see how well older golfers remember the brand and how the feel and roll stacks up.

Great extensive write-up @Hawk . I was hoping the links to the Canadian site might show locations of fitting centres in my locale but there is no mention of NL at all on the Canadian site. I hope they roll the lineup out up here. I like the fitting/custom on site build process, I believe that is a big plus because around here they stock very few putters and hard lever in the length I putt in (33”).

I would like to give the 4S a closer look and roll.

I mean they are nice, but I am very sceptical if they are going to work at that price point. Feels like the type of putter you can buy new for 250$ a year from now.

That's a great write up. Never heard of them before.

Hey @Hawk, is that a badge in the cavity?

Glad they brought back the black and silver look when bringing back the name.

The fitting angle is pretty neat. Hopefully it catches on.

I mean they are nice, but I am very sceptical if they are going to work at that price point. Feels like the type of putter you can buy new for 250$ a year from now.
Since they are owned by Cleveland, I’m guessing they wanted to price them above their Cleveland putters and set them apart as their high end putter line.

It's a busy segment of the market for sure. I think their hope is the fitting aspect will set them apart and encourage some long-term adoption.

I had to fire up my Google machine this morning and look up Never Compromise putters because honestly I had forgotten about them. More options are always great. I’m curious what sales will be like in a very competitive and extremely loyal high-end milled putter market? I’m a little surprised these are marketed as a stand along brand and not under the Srixon label.

IMG_1582.png

I would love to know what someone that goes through the fitting process thinks of it.

@Hawk you knocked this one out of the park! Great write up!!!

It's a busy segment of the market for sure. I think their hope is the fitting aspect will set them apart and encourage some long-term adoption.
Nostalgia mixed with something fairly new and innovative should do that very thing. I really like the look of the finished product in hand.

I had to fire up my Google machine this morning and look up Never Compromise putters because honestly I had forgotten about them. More options are always great. I’m curious what sales will be like in a very competitive and extremely loyal high-end milled putter market? I’m a little surprised these are marketed as a stand along brand and not under the Srixon label.

View attachment 9237796

I would love to know what someone that goes through the fitting process thinks of it.
NC was originally purchased by Cleveland, dating to pre-SRI times I believe.

I don’t have memories of the original never compromise line so the nostalgia side isn’t there for me.

The length fitting is interesting and appreciate the grip options. The putter heads seem pretty safe? For lack of a better term.

Loved the Voodoo Daddy
Loved the Gambler Series
The throwback is real for me and glad they still offer the two tone finish

Loved the Voodoo Daddy
Loved the Gambler Series

That two tone finish looks great!

Nice write up mate, @Hawk . That contrast colour is absolutely the goods!

Finally a double wide face balanced putter...at $500.

I really need a fitting, any clues as to where?

I was very happy to hear that Never Compromise putters were making a comeback. The brand definitely brings back some fond memories. Love that they have come out with fitting tool / process to aid in getting golfers into a putter that fits them. Also live that they decided to have their classic two tone finish as an option. The Reserve 3 is a putter I would definitely love to try.

Nice write up mate, @Hawk . That contrast colour is absolutely the goods!

Finally a double wide face balanced putter...at $500.

I really need a fitting, any clues as to where?
I don't have details on that yet, but I would expect to see info very soon. The line launches 2/16.

Good looking and definitely look to be quality but that price point might be tough sledding. Do enough people remember the NC brand to gain traction against SC and others in that range. I love Cleveland is going all out this year though.

I had two hopes when I heard this was coming. 1) that it would be the 4S and 2) that it would be in a satin finish.

In retrospect, I think I wish I had the two-tone finish. It's just such a classic look and it seems like they did it really well here.
Loved the Voodoo Daddy
Loved the Gambler Series

Back