2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Looking forward to trying these, definitely the 1X

The durability of these compared to some other recent new releases never ceases to blow my mind. It's legit.

I can shred balls indoor and out a little quicker than most, and these hold up really well.

@jfox789 will be happy to hear this.

I like it so when I use a tree to stay in play I will lose less performance.

I've ignored Titleist balls for the last few years for the most part. I've always been a ProV guy more than X. I do like they keep just making it better and this new core sounds pretty good. This might be the year I go back but damn that price...ugh

I’ve been using the V1x since late last season to get a little more iron spin and it’s been very solid for me. Driver numbers are really good. I wish it was a bit softer at times, but it’s definitely better the better you strike it.

Very interested in giving this generation a run on the golf course.
I had the v1x 2 years ago - I couldn't hit them hard enough to make them really go. I didn't dislike the ball but I don't think I'm fast enough for them, or was hitting them well enough. It might be time to give them another go in a year or two and I think the article was great.

Great writeup @Hawk ! Interested in checking out the new versions of these, Same spin, more distance = Intrigue.

Looking forward to putting these in play.

Great Write up @hawk , I love the feel and response of the old ProV1X one the regular V1. Now i have to try a whole new generation....

good grief. Prov1s have always been great balls. Great write up Hawk. But dang $54/dzn. $4.5/ball!!! I will not be buying many of these.

All kinds of great information in that write up @Hawk. Well done. As a ProV1 player, I can't wait to give these bad boys a go.

Would love to see the Buy 3 Get 1 come back this year.

@Hawk, you are killing it with your write ups. I decided to stalk up on some Yellow Triple Track ChromeSoft Xs while they were available, but I will still have to try these out. The Pro V1X has been a very good ball for my needs.

Another great THP article. Thanks Hawk. Have always played prov1s. Hate that the price is up 10% though

Another great THP article. Thanks Hawk. Have always played prov1s. Hate that the price is up 10% though
But inflation is only 7% LOL

Great write up Hawk! I have grown to really like the ProV1 over the past few years and am looking forward to trying the 2023 version. 1X is a little too firm for my liking but I'm sure I will try the new one in that model also.

good writeup! that gradient core sounds interesting. hopefully will get a chance to try both of these this year.

Awesome write up Hawk. Did Titleist update the custom numbers that can be printed? This shows that there are quite a few exceptions. To me it doesn’t make any sense why it just wouldn’t be 1-99, but I’m sure they have their reasons.

9327DA18-8CF4-4141-AB4F-F161075CF4C8.jpeg

X is my go to ball. Looking forward to it!

Awesome write up Hawk. Did Titleist update the custom numbers that can be printed? This shows that there are quite a few exceptions. To me it doesn’t make any sense why it just wouldn’t be 1-99, but I’m sure they have their reasons.

View attachment 9151432

It’s kind of confusing. They say “all the same” Play Numbers are available, so I’m going to assume it means the ones already available.

It's hard to not get excited for a new ProV1.

I'm desperate to see the left dot gain some more traction or at the very least, continue in a larger form.
I get that. It's cool that they continue to innovate and improve, even incrementally.
I hope the left dot gains more traction as well.

It’s going to be fun to give these a go.

@Hawk or @OldandStiff was there much difference in peak height on the ‘23 balls? Also, long game spin has been reduced and Titleist says dispersion is improved as a result. Did Titleist explain this claim to either of you?

@Hawk or @OldandStiff was there much difference in peak height on the ‘23 balls? Also, long game spin has been reduced and Titleist says dispersion is improved as a result. Did Titleist explain this claim to either of you?

Hey there. Sorry for the delay. I haven’t had the opportunity to test the ball, so I can answer your first question.

Your second question is reasonable and one that ran through my head after I’d already submitted questions to Titleist. This is their general statement on the subject, though I’m not sure it really explains anything.

“High-gradient core technology, combined with the continued advancement of Titleist's unparalleled manufacturing process, produces more consistent spin and speed performance for even tighter dispersion.”

I lost around 5-7 feet peak height. I haven't really noticed a difference in long game spin.

Will be loading up for the season

Back