2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

@Hawk or @OldandStiff was there much difference in peak height on the ‘23 balls? Also, long game spin has been reduced and Titleist says dispersion is improved as a result. Did Titleist explain this claim to either of you?
You mean between the V1 and V1x? I definitely notice a little different peak height between them on course with mid and long irons. Little more spin and little different aero has the V1x peaking higher. V1 a little flatter flight and comes in at a little different angle for me.

If you mean compared to the prior ones, that'sa little harder to judge. I haven't really spent time comparing that.

20230117_132334.png20230118_151036.png

20230117_132352.png20230118_151005.png

What to look out for. ^ The boxes are similar enough to the last ones that it threw me at first.

And someone posted a few pics of cuts for the ultra curious.

Screenshot_20230119_113752_Video Player.jpg

Man I was excited when I got stocked up on the Left Dot, but these are close to the excitement level to try!

You mean between the V1 and V1x? I definitely notice a little different peak height between them on course with mid and long irons. Little more spin and little different aero has the V1x peaking higher. V1 a little flatter flight and comes in at a little different angle for me.

If you mean compared to the prior ones, that'sa little harder to judge. I haven't really spent time comparing that.
@OldandStiff Yes, I was referring to the 2023 balls. This is the first year I’m considering playing the Pro V1x over the Pro V1 for the extra long game spin and extra height. I peak my 6i at 32 yards with the 2021 Pro V1 but spin seems low at 4900 rpm (off a mat on GC Hawk). The longest iron I carry is a 5i and it peaks at 28 yards with 4500 rpm. I know on course a stock 6i stops pretty acceptably with ’21 Pro V1. I just worry the reduced spin and slightly lower flight on the ‘23 Pro V1 will hinder my stopping power. Any advice?

Going to have to grab a box of those X’s. Nice write-up @Hawk. Pretty hard to believe all this research and tech goes into these balls and the “they’re basically the same” argument still gets thrown around.

@OldandStiff Yes, I was referring to the 2023 balls. This is the first year I’m considering playing the Pro V1x over the Pro V1 for the extra long game spin and extra height. I peak my 6i at 32 yards with the 2021 Pro V1 but spin seems low at 4900 rpm (off a mat on GC Hawk). The longest iron I carry is a 5i and it peaks at 28 yards with 4500 rpm. I know on course a stock 6i stops pretty acceptably with ’21 Pro V1. I just worry the reduced spin and slightly lower flight on the ‘23 Pro V1 will hinder my stopping power. Any advice?
The X is worth a try. The Titleist rep kept saying that playing the X is a luxury. It will probably give you a little more height, but most importantly spin.

Great write up @Hawk . If I had to choose one I’d go with the ProV1. Seems like some solid changes.

I do not spin these as much as a couple others on monitor with wedge shots. I also don't shred them like those balls though, and I have been zipping these bad boys on course this last week like they laugh at the laws of physics.

It's tasty.

I bought a box of each model on release day. I have spent 4 hours over 2 sessions at my local indoor golf spot that has GC Hawk. At this point, I’m convinced the biggest change in the 2023 balls is 5i up to driver. Having spent considerable time on Quad or Hawk, I have a pretty good understanding of my numbers. At the top of my bag and I know I could use more spin. I am low spin with driver due to my +4° AOA. I’m finding myself considering gaming the Pro V1x. The extra back spin it gives me in the 5i to driver part of my bag seems to result in a straighter ball flight which is my typical and desired ball flight. The rest of my clubs there’s hardly any difference to speak of. I’m not seeing much peak height difference club to club between the balls either. I really want to test outdoors but Mother Nature has other ideas.

I bought a box of each model on release day. I have spent 4 hours over 2 sessions at my local indoor golf spot that has GC Hawk. At this point, I’m convinced the biggest change in the 2023 balls is 5i up to driver. Having spent considerable time on Quad or Hawk, I have a pretty good understanding of my numbers. At the top of my bag and I know I could use more spin. I am low spin with driver due to my +4° AOA. I’m finding myself considering gaming the Pro V1x. The extra back spin it gives me in the 5i to driver part of my bag seems to result in a straighter ball flight which is my typical and desired ball flight. The rest of my clubs there’s hardly any difference to speak of. I’m not seeing much peak height difference club to club between the balls either. I really want to test outdoors but Mother Nature has other ideas.
Golf is weird. My biggest difference is in my scoring clubs with the X. Let's be friends.

The X is my friend in the long stuff too. And my peaks are pretty similar on foresight, but I do notice differences when the aero packages do their thing on course.

I'm probably splitting hairs when I look at my 5i and 6i numbers with the new balls. Is there going to be a real world difference when the balls (on well struck shots) peak around 100 feet and spin within a couple hundred rpm of each other? I think the answer is "probably not". But, and this is the big tipping point for me; those extra rpm of the X ball make driver mishits less punished when I get out on the toe a bit. Off the toe, spin with the X hasn't dropped below 1800 rpm. With the Pro V1 it gets down to 1600 rpm which is scary! I don't know if the extra spin makes the spin axis tilt effect less pronounce but I'm seeing straighter ball flights with the X.

I'm probably splitting hairs when I look at my 5i and 6i numbers with the new balls. Is there going to be a real world difference when the balls (on well struck shots) peak around 100 feet and spin within a couple hundred rpm of each other? I think the answer is "probably not". But, and this is the big tipping point for me; those extra rpm of the X ball make driver mishits less punished when I get out on the toe a bit. Off the toe, spin with the X hasn't dropped below 1800 rpm. With the Pro V1 it gets down to 1600 rpm which is scary! I don't know if the extra spin makes the spin axis tilt effect less pronounce but I'm seeing straighter ball flights with the X.

Good info. I kinda hate the feel at times, but the X seems to really work well for me throughout the bag. I'd love to find something similar that was a little less firm.

@Hawk I feel the same way about the firmness of the X ball. The more I hit it the less clicky it seems to be. Plus I’m testing indoors. C33EA450-356D-4739-AED4-AE0B32C11047.png

Homa’s driver trajectory was really something else.
It was sexy. Crazy to see 250’s carry with 170’s and change ball speed but he was all about finding the fairway as quickly as possible.

That tempo though… 😍

I had a couple gift cards from Christmas for Golf Town burning a hole on the fridge door so I turned them into 2 dozen 2023 Pro V1x with my custom number. 2023 PRO V1x 38.jpg

Played the new X on Saturday in some.....less than ideal conditions. Super windy and super wet. The ball cut through the wind pretty well. It almost mirrored how I can hit the AVX through the wind.

On Sunday, I was playing very poorly, but I was getting high flight and incredibly spinny shots with all my clubs. Had plenty of roll out on the driver though. There were a few long irons that hit and stuck on the greens. I have to get used to this ball around the greens; I need to be more aggressive with my pitch and chip shots. It checks fast, which will allow me to play a shot closer to the hole.

I did mess around with the ProV1 on a couple drives and short irons. Does exactly what it says it will do.

Since the Club Champion and Titleist Ball fitting, I have been using the ProV1x. I hit a ProV with driver off the tee yesterday, and fell about 25 yards short of the X distance. It's amazing how much I need spin to hit the ball farther. Get fit!

Patiently waiting for my B3GOF balls to show up, but so far I'm loving the X. Really consistent results off the tee, and my fitter was right on the money about seeing better results with irons. My height with the driver has never looked better.

Since the Club Champion and Titleist Ball fitting, I have been using the ProV1x. I hit a ProV with driver off the tee yesterday, and fell about 25 yards short of the X distance. It's amazing how much I need spin to hit the ball farther. Get fit!
Have wanted to get this done. I've looked but don't see CC advertising ball fittings on their site. Where did you get it done?

I shot one under over the weekend with the new X. It fits me as well as anything I have tried.

Back