Bridgestone e9 Long Drive Golf Balls

Definitely cool that it is being used for all of the Long Drive.

Honestly though, I will be staying away from these. No chance they are good for me lol.

I’ll try it. I, too, had no idea the competitors hit the same ball.

I didn't see any mention of how it performs greenside.

I'm sure there's a good reason for that :ROFLMAO:

I do get it though. Lots of people out there that would take the 5-10 yards. There's a good chance many of them aren't spinning anything anyway. Personally, as somebody that isn't long off the tee, I'd still try to balance things out more. Could be fun for a novelty though.

I do get it though. Lots of people out there that would take the 5-10 yards. There's a good chance many of them aren't spinning anything anyway. Personally, as somebody that isn't long off the tee, I'd still try to balance things out more. Could be fun for a novelty though.
Could be a great ball for those charity scrambles ;)

I agree with you. There is a choice and a balance involved. I am admittedly not long off the tee, but a large portion of my game is very reliant on greenside spin.

I will give the e9 a try when I see them on the shelf. I like Bridgestone balls, and have played them for many years.

A March release lines up nicely with my return to golf after my long rehab. Should be interesting.

Softer compression? So like hitting a brick instead of a boulder 😂. I still will want to try it though

Not typically the type of ball that I would play but love Bridgestone balls and would give it a try for fun to see if it did add some distance.

Anything that is designed to offer extra distance is on my radar so long as it’s not too expensive!

interesting that Bridgestone is thengonto ball of long drive! I was thinking it was a strange move since one is with Callaway the other popular is with Pro v1- ...but now it makes sense.

Bridgestone also has a new Gen2 OTTO for ball fittings. I would think this would be a great ball for best ball tournaments for one player.

It’s got to be firm!

New product sighted at the PGA show. For the golfer that prioritizes distance I was told that this should be Bridgestone’s longest ball.

F55F60AC-785B-4A64-9DD0-171A98DF422E.jpeg

Merged

With these longest balls and longest ever 2023 drivers, I should be reaching par 4's in one this year, lol. Are we being duped by product marketers? It seems there are category of balls; distance, green side spin. soft vs firm and balls that go straighter. Are there really huge differences between balls in each new release?

With these longest balls and longest ever 2023 drivers, I should be reaching par 4's in one this year, lol. Are we being duped by product marketers? It seems there are category of balls; distance, green side spin. soft vs firm and balls that go straighter. Are there really huge differences between balls in each new release?

I'd say to try them out and see for yourself. Hyperbole aside, I do think there are very noticeable differences between certain types of balls, especially when you look at something like this vs a ball designed to spin. Some other differences may be less dramatic.

The low spinning balls are noticeably straighter for me, by a good 5-10 yards or so.

Interesting, they should send 2 ball packs out to some on their email list.

75 I read.
I’ll be interested to see how this tests out. Typically soft compression is slow in ball speed. I know there are other factors like its construction, dimple design that impact flight, peak height etc. so tuning into this one.

Last edited:
The low spinning balls are noticeably straighter for me, by a good 5-10 yards or so.

Same here. The e12 Contact has really given me that almost unicorn ball - straight off the tee but just enough spin around the greens to help my short game.

Back