Bridgestone e9 Long Drive Golf Balls

Two Things:
1. How long does it take to make that video? They always turn out great.
2. Have you played these and is the feel similar to Volvic?

Two Things:
1. How long does it take to make that video? They always turn out great.
2. Have you played these and is the feel similar to Volvic?
Longer than it should haha. But I had to do this one hand held, so you can kind of see some shakes or angle changes, so I wasn’t thrilled with it. But it was OK for a Sunday.

I have not tried them yet, but hopefully will be soon

Guessing these are on the firm side. :unsure:

Picked up a dozen and played once with them. I am impressed across the bag.

Didnt notice huge gains off driver, but didn't go erratic on bad swings either.

Irons felt smooth and not harsh. Didn't have to worry about it pulling back too much.

Wedges were feathery and held close from just off the green. Mishit though and will roll out more than others. Partial shots stopped just by the mark.

Putter was butter and ball just went, didn't leave very many short.

Have had a few things going on, but forcing myself out tomorrow with approval from the boss. Need a little outside time.

Going to get them in the Sim to compare this week to see numbers. The price point is fabulous.

Went out today and needed it. Still impressed with these balls, especially for the price point.

5I from a group out and it just sits down and backs up a scosh.
20231010_094515.jpg

Full PW and it grabs hard and just trickles forward a little. This was sloped down hill and saved me from going somewhere nasty.
20231010_121046.jpg

Driver was outstanding and clocked some good ones with wind even.

Putter was good as well.

My initial thoughts still hold true and will be looking into these further.

Bought a dozen E9 to play tomorrow as the ball isn't really go far these days with the weather and with the leaves, it's easy to lose golf balls.
So it seemed like a good time to give these a go.
Read comments from @J4U and from other sites and it appears like these balls have some short game spin.

I noticed that they are made in Taiwan. I wonder if Bridgestone is not making these and were outsourced to the plant that had a massive fire last month.

Bought a dozen E9 to play tomorrow as the ball isn't really go far these days with the weather and with the leaves, it's easy to lose golf balls.
So it seemed like a good time to give these a go.
Read comments from @J4U and from other sites and it appears like these balls have some short game spin.
My observations on the e9 echo those of J4U. I think of the e9 as a distance ball with excellent tactile response and just enough spin to be useful greenside. They're my main gamer these days.

My home course is littered with hazards so I find a lot of golf balls, and have played most every ball on the market. For me, all golf balls go pretty much the same distance off the tee. I've never hit one that was much longer than any other.

I believe there are USGA rules on how far a ball can go when used in a robotic set up - if it does not exceed those limits it goes on the approved to play list -- if it goes to far it is not an approved ball.. so when I see this ball is our longest - I dont know what that means - there are limitations. :eek: :unsure: :eek: :unsure:

I believe there are USGA rules on how far a ball can go when used in a robotic set up - if it does not exceed those limits it goes on the approved to play list -- if it goes to far it is not an approved ball.. so when I see this ball is our longest - I dont know what that means - there are limitations. :eek: :unsure: :eek: :unsure:
That’s not really the case. The testing is done on smaller scale and about only speed coming off.

That’s not really the case. The testing is done on smaller scale and about only speed coming off.

this is from the USGA rule book on balls.

6. Overall Distance Standard​

The combined carry and roll of the ball, when tested on apparatus approved by The R&A and USGA, must not exceed the distance specified under the conditions set forth in the Overall Distance Standard for golf balls on file with the R&A and USGA.

Back