PODCAST Off Course – Callaway Performance Gear

This is a great show, very interesting how far in advance they have product launches mapped out, even in performance gear.
I found that pretty interesting even though I had a feeling that was the case.

Shaft guard & 14 Way talk!!!

I found that pretty interesting even though I had a feeling that was the case.
in the performance category that is kinda wild to me.. Seems like that is a category that if you had something you release it.. But I can understand wanting a return as well and not wanting to over run a current product that may be selling well.

They do their research and know what they are doing.

Damn I am excited to sit in on @AT_CG Performance Gear session next week!!!

Grandaddy talk!!! :love:

GOAT Cup Talk!!!

Did Austin just call out Dan?

IMG_6966.jpeg
Talk!!!

Can't wait to dive in to this at work once my airpods finish charging. I brought them just to make sure I could listen today and of course they were dead

Got a bit in on the drive over though and working on 2026 already is crazy. Can't wait to sit in on that presentation and see what the popular colors for next year are going to be!

Also Weather Spann was and is an absolute HOMERUN and the 64-ish% of support they got in the blind test doesn't surprise me at all

Just over halfway through but It really stuck out when @AT_CG said he likes to see A Callaway/Ogio golf bag with other OEM headcovers... because that means that his team is doing something right in the bag category.. I just like that way of thinking about it.

Dan throwing out "Unintentionable" words all over this one. 😛 Obviously has Grandaddy excitement brain.

Just over halfway through but It really stuck out when @AT_CG said he likes to see A Callaway/Ogio golf bag with other OEM headcovers... because that means that his team is doing something right in the bag category.. I just like that way of thinking about it.
Same when he talked about the gloves!

in the performance category that is kinda wild to me.. Seems like that is a category that if you had something you release it.. But I can understand wanting a return as well and not wanting to over run a current product that may be selling well.

They do their research and know what they are doing.
Lots of time is taken up when in development phase - when you’re creating multiple revisions and not just going with the first option, you need time to perfect the product. Additionally, transit takes so much time alone. Golf bags are large shipments so it’s most economical (keeping prices competitive and economical for you) to have those ship on the water versus air freight. You have to allot 4-5 months just for the shipping and distribution of these bags. Hope there’s some additional insight there. But most importantly, we want to make sure you’re getting our best, so we build time into our lifecycles to do so. 👍

#1 Goal

Lots of time is taken up when in development phase - when you’re creating multiple revisions and not just going with the first option, you need time to perfect the product. Additionally, transit takes so much time alone. Golf bags are large shipments so it’s most economical (keeping prices competitive and economical for you) to have those ship on the water versus air freight. You have to allot 4-5 months just for the shipping and distribution of these bags. Hope there’s some additional insight there. But most importantly, we want to make sure you’re getting our best, so we build time into our lifecycles to do so. 👍

Very good info. The more I learn about the golf industry the more I learn what a complex web it is.. It makes it more fun! Thanks Austin.

Very good info. The more I learn about the golf industry the more I learn what a complex web it is.. It makes it more fun! Thanks Austin.
Shooting Star GIF

Great show as always. Loved the insight into a side of the business that I don’t often give a lot of thought to. Will be giving the gloves another try. It amazes me how products evolve over time. That fact that they love to see other companies clubhead covers in Callaway bag stuck out to me. Means like was stated Callaway is not just a ball and club company any longer. Thanks @AT_CG for your time and devotion to THP. Felt attacked by the 14 way comments however. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I think I am in a safe space at home to get another golf bag without getting a stink eye from my wife. Hearing @AT_CG talk about bags coming in '24 has me excited.

Loved this @Canadan

Cally is killing it, the new gloves that are coming are insane, and with more color options in bags it’s hard to see me not going that way eventually.

Dan throwing out "Unintentionable" words all over this one. 😛 Obviously has Grandaddy excitement brain.
I am no longer willing to make these idiotic words that come out of my mouth easter eggs in each episode.

They must be featured, and ridiculed and/or celebrated hahaha

Back