Titleist Performance Alignment Golf Balls

Is it standard based on other companies. Callaway and Srixon don't charge more for the alignment I dont think, maybe I am wrong.
All of the Callaway Chrome Soft line balls are the same price regardless of the alignment aid (standard, TT, 360, and TruTrack). Not sure about Srixon

60 dollars for a line is kinda crazy to me. But they can sell them for whatever people will buy them for. If they don’t sell, the price will go down..

I thought Prov's were $55 a dzn now. Seems crazy charging 5 more bucks for a line to me, if i played that ball i would buy them because i don't want to deal with marking them.

I thought Prov's were $55 a dzn now. Seems crazy charging 5 more bucks for a line to me, if i played that ball i would buy them because i don't want to deal with marking them.
I get that and I am sure they did market research to come to a price. I won’t pay that much for balls.. but I get some will and that is great.

While I do like Titleist premium balls and what they are doing here I just cannot justify the price tag of their premium balls compared to other manufacturers. Been testing a lot of balls lately on the Skytrak + and the numbers just aren't there to pay their price tag. I can get nearly identical numbers and in some areas like off the driver and shorter wedges with other balls.

If people want to buy it, good on them and Titleist. For me its a bit silly to pay $5 a ball for a line that many of us have been putting on balls with a sharpie forever. Other companies alignment aids are sophisticated enough that you can't easily replicate them so it makes sense to pay money for it but this ....

Have they? Or is it we, the consumers who have lost our minds?

Prices will rise as long as consumers continue paying them.
Consumers lost their minds a long time ago ha

Since pro preference was mentioned in the article, I wonder if pros start using this or if they continue to use their own markings?

i'd definitely use it - if it was sold for the same price.

Finally , will be looking for these

I don't understand the upcharge for this line when other golf ball companies can print lines, logos, etc. (Callaway) for no upcharge

This is why I only (usually) buy ProV1's once a year during the Loyalty Offer.

Consistent ball, choose a number, now a smear-proof line ... March 2024 here I come (if they offer it)

I’d pay more for the custom number option, but the line seems silly.

All of the Callaway Chrome Soft line balls are the same price regardless of the alignment aid (standard, TT, 360, and TruTrack). Not sure about Srixon
I’m really liking the TruTrack more than any alignment aids out there (TT, TT 360, TT Fade, etc.). I also like that Callaway doesn’t charge extra for these alignment aids.

Price is getting bonkos. I'm simply not good enough to justify $5 balls when really good alternatives exist. I do like the alignment aid though.

With the caveat that it must be of a construction that suits my game, my first criterion in my ball selection is its visibility. I wish I could, but I simply don’t see the flight of white balls the way I can a yellow (or even a divide with yellow). So, since these only come in white, they are not a ball I would play.

I don't understand the upcharge for this line when other golf ball companies can print lines, logos, etc. (Callaway) for no upcharge
They will raise the standard balls to $60 in the spring and everyone will be happy again.

$5 for a line is hilarious lol, especially when other companies are doing it for free. They are probably putting the lines on a dozen balls in seconds. Crazy talk.

Back