2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As he walked on to the 4th green during the first round of the Sanderson Farms Championship, the confusion on M.J. Daffue’s face was readily apparent. He was sure he’d hit a decent shot, yet didn’t see his ball on the putting surface. As his eyes scanned the surrounding area, a volunteer quietly said, “It’s in the hole.”

“Oh, I’m in the hole?”

As he raised his arms in celebration, he probably didn’t have time to realize that his ace was the very first for Titleist’s 2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x line. While it officially launched a week later at the Shriners Children’s Open, Titleist had quietly allowed Daffue (Pro V1x), Garrick Higgo (Pro V1), and Gary Woodland (Pro V1x), who had been testing prototypes for the last month, to put the new balls in play.

Continue reading...

I’m sure they are great. Took a jump in price about where I expected. Waiting to see how they compare to the new Srixon stuff.

Really good write up @Hawk

The new core sounds solid and I enjoyed the aspect of expectations from the limited releases they offer. Which I do believe are partly popular because of their dashes and dots (not to take away from their performance).

Always enjoy your articles, Hawk. Through my own personal ball fitting that I did myself ProV1x seems like it should be my ball. Glad to read we can expect the same foundation of last version in 2023 version.

Maybe one day I’ll go for an actual ball fitting to see if the data backs up it being the ball for me.

This was probably my favorite write up of release season Hawk great stuff. I am excited to try the new ProV1X. For a while there, the V1x was the ball that fit my game the best but it felt like some of the characteristics between the V1 and V1x were flipping slightly.

Interesting. Should be a seamless transistion from old X to new X.

The one Titleist Ball, I always wanted to try is the ProV1 Star. But I doubt we see that anytime soon at retail.

Thanks for the deets here @Hawk!!!

I have been tinkering with ProV1X this winter. I love the sound of them making it more like the left dash because I love that ball and the ZStar XV which I find very similar.

Oh yay! 😬

Been playing these most of the winter thanks to the Titleist Ball Experience ! 😍

Cool to read about some of the players switching because of the changes.

I yammered about my experiences on course with them a bit

with some quick data from the other day on a handful of shots with each ball across a few different irons.

I know @AnthonyC has been loving life after being fit into the right ball for him and will hopefully share some of his thoughts.

So grateful for the chance to meet him and @GolferGal and experience a Titleist ball fitting at Club Champion. And to have my own observations be confirmed and talk about all of that. I am a ProV1x guy within their line 💯 percent and been enjoying the heck out of these balls. The core changes are exciting and one of the things we couldn't share with others.

Should be an easy transition and only good things for most playing them and I'm excited for other forumers to get their hands on them.

Last edited:
Really good write up @Hawk

The new core sounds solid and I enjoyed the aspect of expectations from the limited releases they offer. Which I do believe are partly popular because of their dashes and dots (not to take away from their performance).

It will be interesting to see how consumers react to the gap narrowing between CPO and standard line balls. While pros are already switching, I think you’re right that consumers are sometimes more interested in the exclusivity.

Looking forward to trying these - I started regularly gaming the ProV1X back end of last season.

Great information @Hawk ! Looks like another strong performer from Titleist. The $54.99 price tag isn’t optimal, but expected in this day and age.

I’ve been using the V1x since late last season to get a little more iron spin and it’s been very solid for me. Driver numbers are really good. I wish it was a bit softer at times, but it’s definitely better the better you strike it.

Very interested in giving this generation a run on the golf course.

Like the pro v1 when I used them. Interesting new core. Price tag hurts but seems like it's the trend

Are these out now or is there a release date for them?

You had me in the second paragraph of the core @Hawk ! Merging similarities from the left's has me probably the most excited about this version.

So excited to try these out when the weather clears up!

Are these out now or is there a release date for them?
Can always change, but I was told retail is the 25th. I've kind of been hounding some local places about it. 😆

Seems like they made some interesting changes this time around. I'm curious to try them, but realistically they would have to absolutely blow me away to even consider playing them full time at that price.

It was a nice surprise to also enjoy a little @OldandStiff content this morning. Nice shoutout to THP and the Titleist ball experience.

Making a great ball better is always an upgrade and some added durability is a huge plus.

Making a great ball better is always an upgrade and some added durability is a huge plus.
The durability of these compared to some other recent new releases never ceases to blow my mind. It's legit.

I can shred balls indoor and out a little quicker than most, and these hold up really well.

Oh yay! 😬

Been playing these most of the winter thanks to the Titleist Ball Experience ! 😍

Cool to read about some of the players switching because of the changes.

I yammered about my experiences on course with them a bit

with some quick data from the other day.

I know @AnthonyC has been loving life after being fit into the right ball for him and will hopefully share some of his thoughts.

So grateful for the chance to meet him and @GolferGal and experience a Titleist ball fitting at Club Champion. And to have my own observations be confirmed and talk about all of that. I am a ProV1x guy within their line 💯 percent and been enjoying the heck out of these balls. The core changes are exciting and one of the things we couldn't share with others.

Should be an easy transition and only good things for most playing them and I'm excited for other forumers to get their hands on them.

:oops: The sound of those strikes.....

Back