Bridgestone e9 Long Drive Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As the ball used by all competitors in the 2022 World Long Drive Association (WLD) Championship, Bridgestone claims their new e9 Long Drive ball is their longest golf ball to date. It was designed with assistance from several WLD competitors, including the association’s president, Bobby Peterson. Although the e9 will be used by the world’s fastest swingers in all official WLD competitions, Bridgestone also believes the ball will positively benefit amateurs.

Continue reading...

This is just one of those balls, I really want to try. Not sure why, as it doesn't match up to what I normally play, but I need to try it 🤷‍♂️

I feel compelled to try this ball. Probably not for me. But I want to hit it anyway!

I'm with the above posts. Seems like a fun ball to try, but yeah I also recognize that this might not be my cup of tea but I'm willing to go crazy and give it a few rips.

I never knew that WLD competitors hit the same ball at competitions. Probably not a ball that would work for me but wouldn’t be opposed to hitting it to see if I picked up some distance.

Likely not a ball I would play much, but I think it would be fun to try it out. Being a big Bridgestone fan, I like to try everything they put out.

Not gonna lie, I likely won't benefit at all from this, but i'm gonna try it.

I will try this ball. Not sure about it, but I’ll purchase a dozen for “research.”

This is definitely on my hit list. Higher launch and less sidespin is right up my alley.

Pretty much the opposite of the ball I play but I really want to hit this ball haha

Hmmm?! I learned something new today. I would have bet the WLD guys would have used a high compression golf ball!

Will definitely try this as I could do with a bit higher launch and lower sidespin.

Great to see their release and take on long drive side of things, can’t wait to hear what the remainder of the e series turns out to be 😆

Like the ice of higher flight and less sidespin.....if someone gets to try before the release, post on roll out on the green

Hmmm?! I learned something new today. I would have bet the WLD guys would have used a high compression golf ball!

Pretty interesting, isn't it?

Likely a velocity competitor? Which is a very good straight ball. But, tough to stop on the greens in warm weather. Curious about the difference between the two balls. Also, white only? The shiny yellow ball is dimishing.

I doubt this would be a ball for me, but since it is a Bridgestone ball I sure want to give it a try.

This will be a big win for Bridgestone. So many golfers will buy this just to see how far they hit it. I will not be surprised if this ball is extremely hard to find. It will be fun to try it out and compare to all of our usual balls.

I can see this being the ball of choice when the cart girl is rolling by or guys are teeing off on 1 & 10 and there’sa crowd watching. Anything to get a little more distance. So when can I buy a pack? 😂

Looks like a great ball to pick up for a Golf weekend in the summer with baked fairways, should run for miles.
Better know how to "Bump and Run" with this ball.
I know that the previous ball used was really hard so it's interesting to see this one come out as say it's lower compression that you would think.

Is this a competitor to Pinnacle Rush or Titleist Velocity?

don't think it will kick the CSXLS out of the bag, but will have to grab a box of these to hit off the tees during charity scrambles. :)

Yeah, just about every golfer is going to want to hit these, me included, just to see.
The thought of hitting this on a baked out fairway sounds fun, even with them designed to launch high.

i am hoping to find MANY of these on my home course this year

I guess I'm in the camp that I don't understand why we need a long drive ball to play on the course. I didn't see any mention of how it performs greenside.

This should capture the attention of people here. Like many, I may have to try it at some point.

Back