Titleist Performance Alignment Golf Balls

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Alignment assistance is an underrated piece of golf ball technology that seems to be making its way to almost every company’s lineup. Examples are varied, ranging from understated, to overt, and beyond. Even Titleist, long known for their subtle, classic designs, has dipped their toes in the alignment aid waters, with both an off the rack solution in 2021 and a custom stamping program. The 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x were both available with “Enhanced Alignment”, which consisted of two straight lines framing the standard bi-directional sidestamp, but the concept never really took off with consumers or Tour Staff.

Continue reading...

Love it @Hawk and I think it's great that the ball companies are doing these sort of things that we've been doing for a while now. I'm kind of sad that it's only on their premium balls and not on their distance or GI balls with the lower compression but for those that play the V1(x) I'm sure they will be a best seller.

I’m loving the improved alignment markers from so many brands. This one is simple but likely effective. I’m still not paying $60 for golf balls though.

$5 for a sharpie line…… I understand the “tech” but this one is a reach.

I would just draw my line on the ball for that price. 🤷‍♂️

$60 a dozen. $5 per golf ball-that's insane. They have now passed my price point.

Insane cost that one can put on a golf ball with a sharpie.

I'm hoping lines will be banned and they'll have to make 1/2 the ball void of marks. ;)

not much worse than watching someone line up their ball 3-4 times then blow the putt anyway :p

Last edited:
They look "Titleistie"

I absolutely love this for golfers, and I sort of hate it for myself haha

Finding ProV1's so regularly around my course, I am sad that some of them will have lines on them coming soon. #NakedOrBust

Yay!! Except for price. 😕

Otherwise yay. Knew these were coming and am excited for people that play them and that Titleist for finally dipping in a little better on alignment. I still wonder how many people are going to want to pay extra for something that comes on other balls without extra charge. I feel like some will, but I feel like I'm going to hear them grumble about it too. Especially with a couple other current balls coming down in price recently.

Doesn’t Golfballs.com sometimes offer free alignment markings when you order through them?

So how much are standard Pro V’s? Seems like $55 based on comments?

to me $5 to not have to mark them all seems like a worthy trade.

The funny thing as I was reading the article I found myself wondering the percent on sales based on Tour compared to science

Much prefer this over triple track but not paying $60 for golf balls

I like it but won’t buy it. I won’t pay more for that type of alignment, especially since it can be done with a sharpie.

kind of disappointed in Titleist for being greedy.

Simple and clean, and will last longer than my sharpie lines. I don’t hate it! Good write up @Hawk

I like it but won’t buy it. I won’t pay more for that type of alignment, especially since it can be done with a sharpie.

kind of disappointed in Titleist for being greedy.
Not sure how it’s greedy, it provides and option. Plus…a companies job is to make money, sooooooooo

I like the line but the Pricing is

The $60 a dozen trend going on now is a bit gross, these companies have lost their damn minds.

“I literally cannot aim. I’ve just never been good at just standing over the ball and being able to aim that way,” Hovland said. “I’ve found it’s really helped my putting, especially on the short ones, when there’s not too much break involved. I just did a blind test with a line on and then without a line, and I just aimed it miles better with a line on.”

i feel ya hovi. i'm the same way, without a line my aim is embarrassingly bad.

$60 kinda makes me angry. i'm glad other companies offer equally if not superior alignment aid golf balls with no upcharge.

Simple and clean, and will last longer than my sharpie lines.
That’s where I’m at. $5 seems worth it for a clean and longer lasting alignment.

Doesn’t Golfballs.com sometimes offer free alignment markings when you order through them?
If you do a subscribe and save, I believe it is. I used to see the free deal on single dozen orders but it’s been a while.

Back