2023 Snell MTB PRIME and PRIME X Golf Balls

GMK.

I played Snell for several years and was a fan. Performance and price, but switched to the Maxfli Tour last season. I switched to yellow a few years ago. So I am waiting for both the 2023 Maxfli and Snell to introduce those. I did purchase a dozen of the new Prime to give em a try. They fit me well. Just a short story....I was playing a yellow Pro V1 and sucked for the first 7 holes. Switched to the new Snell and went 1 under for the remaining 11 holes. Now, understand that not comparing to a Pro V1, but only saying they are an excellent ball. I like supporting the little guy and still believe Snell is putting out an excellent product. No issue with the logo and the alignment aid. Now waiting for yellow!

I've been a fan of Snell for a few years now, they've been consistent in providing a great product at a great price. The new branding looks good to me, no question where I'm going to place my sharpie dot! I ordered and received the PRIME X, I'm looking forward to playing them!

Bought the Prime and Prime X trial pack...put them through the paces on the simulator to see which gave me the best numbers. For me, it was the Prime and it wasn't really close. Launched higher, more speed, more spin on the irons and not noticeably different on the driver.

That said, I also bought the PXG golf balls and tested those...wow if you want spin, those things are the highest spinning golf ball I've seen on a launch monitor.

I've noticed what I thought were the best golf balls for me were the Maxfli Tour X and The TP5X and all the firmer golf balls. After testing the Prime and Prime X, I might have to revisit my thinking. I don't spin those golf balls at all. 6500 spin with a 9 iron is not great....even at 100 feet in the air, still a decent amount of roll out.

Just bought the Prime trial pack. Price point is too good to not give these a shot.

Snell is my favorite X ball, and the only one I can get consistency with in the approach & short game. I would like to try these for sure.

What is everyone's take on these balls? I was thinking of getting the sample pack to try both again. I liked the balls at the Snell Event way back when, so I'd like to see the difference.

What is everyone's take on these balls? I was thinking of getting the sample pack to try both again. I liked the balls at the Snell Event way back when, so I'd like to see the difference.

that event was so fun

The new balls are fantastic, definitely give them a try...

I would like to try these. But I have enough golf balls..

I tried the Prime. I liked that it was a bit softer feeling off the putter (something that is really important to me) than the old MTB-Black and MTB-X, but a couple greenside bunker shots really damaged the cover. Also, the ball was pretty done (cover wise) after 18 holes even on rounds with no bunker shots. In contrast, my other gamers, the Maxfli Tour and Bridgestone XS give me better spin numbers and I can actually play those balls for several rounds without much cover damage. I've not tried the Prime X.

Ordered a test pack and got in 18 with them

Will say the Prime is definitely a softer ball
The Prime also spins more than the X
I actually spun a ball back on a par 3 with the Prime
Distance wise off of the driver they were within a yard of each other
Had a nice stiff breeze out and both of them held the line in the wind very well when hitting an iron into the green.
I will have to go out and play again with them because it seem to me that the Prime flew higher than the X and the opposite is suppose to be true
Could just be me

The bad news is the cover takes a lot of damage.
My home course is lined with trees and I did not hit a single one yesterday
All of the damage was done with wedges
Anything below a 9 iron left a mark
PW and UW left bite marks in the ball
I had a mark in a X but I lost it a few holes later
Seems the Prime took the more damage then the X

I would game the Prime over the X simply because I loved the feel of the ball off the putter
But I would go through a dozen in no time
If improvements are made to the cover, I will be back

Attachments

• image.jpeg.9be441342be8803321d61180c7529efd.jpeg
    image.jpeg.9be441342be8803321d61180c7529efd.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12
I was wondering about snell. They were the hot DTC ball pre covid. Seems that they have been way less so of late and honestly, it seems DTC balls as a whole have lost momentum.

Anyway, the MTB balls are on sale for 22-25/dzn.. That is a solidly priced ball.

I was wondering about snell. They were the hot DTC ball pre covid. Seems that they have been way less so of late and honestly, it seems DTC balls as a whole have lost momentum.

Anyway, the MTB balls are on sale for 22-25/dzn.. That is a solidly priced ball.

that has got to be "best buy" currently for any ball. Thanks for sharing

I have used Snell a lot and interchange the MTB with the ProV1. The ProV feels a little better, but the MTB is fantastic for the price point. Performance is similar, but durability is not the best.

I have used Snell a lot and interchange the MTB with the ProV1. The ProV feels a little better, but the MTB is fantastic for the price point. Performance is similar, but durability is not the best.
I use both as well and agree with you 100% on your assessment. I will add that I do have some MaxFli Tour in the mix as well.

Super Bowl weekend special, now $20/doz.
I have way too many balls on hand and I'm still tempted to grab some at that price!

Back